Question My first home cinema speakers

graymattor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to delve into the world of home cinema, I have posted in another thread about the receiver, I have been looking at the Denon X2600, which has to lead me to look at bundles that are on offer, but I am no idea if they are good or bad or I am just buying for convenience because they are a full set! eventually, I will be upgrading to Dolby Atmos speakers (or right away, not sure yet).

What speaker set up would you recommend? I am looking to spend approx £1000-£1200 for a receiver and speakers, but cheaper while keeping the same good quality is always a bonus.

Oh if it helps, the room is 5m x 5.75m, TV is central to the room (5.75m wall) there is space behind and to the side of the seating, I will be looking at floor standing/stands, Atmos speakers I guess either up-firing or ceiling mount (which comes with difficulties but not impossible, wireless for transmitting sound, I can power them in the ceiling no problem, it's running the cables to the receiver that is a little tricker)

Speakers sets i have been looking at are the Q Acoustics 7000i Plus and a 3020i bundle

I look forward to hearing what you guys recommend

Thanks, Chris

I have the 7000i plus system and am very pleased with it.
My room is slightly smaller than yours.
You say that you "might" be looking at up-firing Atmos speakers.
Be aware that they won't fit on top of the 7000i satellites due to their shape.
I was not going to let myself anywhere near the ceiling, (funnily enough, nor was my wife!), so am using a couple of Cambridge Audio Minx Min 12's for Atmos duties, wall mounted just below the ceiling. They are doing a fine job and a fairly inexpensive for such good quality speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom