• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My first football match

Mike.P®

Prominent Member
I was out on Sunday walking round a small lake when all of a sudden I heard a right old racket with someone screeching Spanish (well they would wouldn't they
icon_smile.gif
) into a megaphone, drums and loud chanting. I decided to take a wander over and found a small local football stadium so having never tried anything like football I decided to have a bash and managed to get myself inside.
Unfortunately it was (from what I could gather) the last 15 mins or so therefore not much in the way of action shots but anyway:

K10D, Pentax F* 300mm f4.5 and Sigma 70-200mm f2.8.

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Not mate - 4 and 5 look good to me, but let's wait until Tobers and Bristol Pete make their comments :thumbsup:

Caption for Number 8 - bloke on ground says "not another @#$% with a Pentax" :devil::D

Mike.P®

Prominent Member
Not mate - 4 and 5 look good to me, but let's wait until Tobers and Bristol Pete make their comments :thumbsup:

Well I thought they were ok for a first attempt ....

Would have been nice to have got some pointers from the pros on here though .... good or bad .... :rolleyes:.

Bristol Pete

Prominent Member
I think a few things. Great colour and tone, lovely light and well handled exposure but lacking action. Keep shooting however. All I can say is that in my humble opinion, football is without doubt the hardest sport to nail at any standard.....

Pete.

Mike.P®

Prominent Member
I think a few things. Great colour and tone, lovely light and well handled exposure but lacking action. Keep shooting however. All I can say is that in my humble opinion, football is without doubt the hardest sport to nail at any standard.....

Pete.

Thanks for that, I was thinking they needed a bit more interest in them.
Know what you mean about being hard work though, half the time my lens was pointing in totally the wrong direction.

(Mind you, she wasn't half a looker .. ;))

Bristol Pete

Prominent Member
Mike.P®;8730019 said:
Thanks for that, I was thinking they needed a bit more interest in them.
Know what you mean about being hard work though, half the time my lens was pointing in totally the wrong direction.

(Mind you, she wasn't half a looker .. ;))

Historically I have covered non league tripe upto Prem and at every level I find the game does not lend itself to the camera like Rugby. I refer to football as crabs in that it is played side on where as rugby steams down your lens.

With regards to action shoot tight, crop tighter and get the players mixing it up where you can. Usually shoot towards the centre cirlce where the midfield tackle each other and that. Penalty boxes can yeild what press call 'Celly's' or celebration shots.

Hope that helps.

Mike.P®

Prominent Member
With regards to action shoot tight, crop tighter and get the players mixing it up where you can. Usually shoot towards the centre cirlce where the midfield tackle each other and that. Penalty boxes can yeild what press call 'Celly's' or celebration shots.

Hope that helps.

Indeed it does, cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom