My First Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Indiana Jones, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,269
    Right I am looking into buying a my first Digitial Camera and luckily my brother works in Jessops so he knows what type of things I would want a camera for and has suggested the following two cameras...

Olympus C760 = £208.08
    Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z40 = £257.38

Now before I go spending my money I was wondering if anyone on here had read any reviews about either of these cameras or if anyone had any info on these cameras and if anyone has any suggestions on different cameras please let me know.

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,544
    Try Steve's Digicams for possible reviews. Just to throw another possible into the pot for you, I use a Canon Powershot A75 and I noticed the other day Jessops selling them off (A85 on its way) at £180 or so, fully automatic when you just want to point and shoot but also fully manual when you want to have more creative control, a great little camera and a bargain at that price.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,199
    Olympus 765 is up in the 4 megapixel range.

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,269
    Thanks for that, have checked it out and it is £329.90 from Jessops and my brother cant do a great discount on it, that is probaley why he suggested the other two as he can get me about £50-£60 of the marked price.

Also, I checked out the Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z40 on that review site and it seems like a good buy and the sample pictures they have listed are great quality.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,199
    Jessops are suppose to be bringing a new book out in a couple of weeks and there prices seem to drop every time. I’m waiting for it to come out myself and get the Olympus myself.

6. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,269
    I rang my brother today and it seems he can get a good discount on almost all of the cameras in the book he just didnt write them in because he didnt know how much I was looking to spend so I have a wider choice available than I first thought lol

7. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can really sing the praises of the canon S1 its a great all rounder, the image stabilzer really is fantastic, at full focal lengh and high iso settings. A great range of manual and preset functions, ive not had to much of a chance to play round with it yet. But so far i've been really pleased

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,199
    I picked the new book up today and the Olympus has not been dropped by one penny :eek: . I found Amazon were doing them for £237 and no Jessops I was in touch with could come anywhere near that price.
    Re-the 760 is this this is an older model or is it 3 mp as opposed to the 765 which is 4mp.
    See here,