1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Digital Camcorder - Help!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by teenagemaniac, May 8, 2005.

1. teenagemaniac

teenagemaniac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello There. My names Sean, I am wanting to buy a Mini DV Camcorder, but there are so many and I aint sure which to buy. My budget is up to £320. I am wanting to use it to film and upload onto PC so I can edit, and put on to DVD. The editing and DVD is crutial. I have been recomended Canon, but im not sure. Please help... Thanks , Sean :lease:

PS - If a camcorder isnt supplied with video editing software, can i Still use it with a program that I allready have , and use that ?

Thanks

2. teenagemaniac

teenagemaniac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please some one reply/help me... I need to purchase soon :lease: :lease: :lease: .

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All MiniDV cameras can upload to your PC usually by firewire - although one or two of the very new ones can use USB2, this is generally reckoned to be not as good as firewire. Canon is a very good well known and trusted maker so if you have a recommendation why not visit Jessops or similar and check it out.

With a firewire cable and card in your PC you can transfer your video at full DV quality and edit it and burn your DVD's

There is a large range of editing programmes that you can use with a MiniDV camera - , if you have Windows XP you will already have the free Windows MovieMaker this is a very good beginners package for capturing and editing but it cannot burn a DVD - you will need something like 'Nero' to burn the file output from WMM to a DVD.

Two Very good beginners packages which will capture, edit, and burn a DVD are Ulead VideoStudio 9 and Pinnancle Studio 9.