1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First CD player-Don't Have A Clue!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by butch9850, Nov 19, 2004.

1. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My dvd player doesn't cut it,And i'm out for a dedicated cd player.

It beats buying a hi fi system,for my first cd collection,because i want to have less clatter,in my bedroom.

I NEED a multi disc changer cd player..

Sony has one,on amazon.co.uk..for Like 150 pounds.
    My budget would go as far as that.

If i can get a bargain elsewhere that anybody knows of,then good.I am not an audiophile..i just want to hear a clear tune,unlike what i got from my dvd player.
    If there are cd players sub 100 pounds,Then why not.

Ebay is a choice.Are there any other second hand sites?.

Could i order from US,and get some voltage transformer?.

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pioneer pdm603 rrp £180 still a reasonable cd player and cartridge (6 disc) system is better than carousels etc, the only better way of doing what you want is a HDD storage cd player but £400 might put you off but (1250 disc!)

3. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I used to think that I couldn't do without a multi disc changer, but actually you really get used to changing the discs after a while. You have a much larger choice of players in your budget if you go for a single disc player. Not what you wanted to hear, but if you can bear to have a single disc spinner then you'll get a much better choice, and probably a better player.

4. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is confusing why these single disc cd players go,for very very high prices.
    Must the quality be so good?.

I am only used to the hi fi carousel changers...so i would not know.

The choice is very much high,with single disc dvd players or cd players,i know.

5. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'd spend £160 on a NAD C521BEE from Richer Sounds - it'll make mincemeat of a multichanger for sound quality and I'd much rather have that - a trip out of my chair every hour or so to change CDs is worth it.

6. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guess,the multidisc spec...must take something away...from performance.Even if it's small.

Less boxes,that's all..with a cd/dvd combined player.I was thinking about that,more than actually having a multidisc function!.
    Would the dvd player play cds,,or not,well.

So,I am sure there must be some technology that is rather new...about boxing a cd/dvd thing...which actually plays very well,music cds.
    I have to research more.

7. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Wouldn't go near a multi disc CD player if I was you. They are aimed at a completely different market, where it's supposed to look 'cool' and very gimmicky, with very little thought given to sound quality. Also a lot more to go wrong with them. If you are after a cheap CD Player why not buy a Marantz CD63? They go for less than £30 on ebay and although they are a few years old still sound amazingly good. If you want to spend the extra try the marantz CD63 KI signature for around £100 second hand.

Alternatively if you want a one box CD/DVD player try the Roksan Player mention in the thread titled 'Roksan Kandy CD/DVD' which a lot of people seem to like. The idea here being that it has two lasers. One for DVD and one for CD so that each one can be tailored for the specific needs of that format. Primare did this a few years ago and produced a great sounding CD Player so you may be able to pick one of these up cheap.