my first attempt at floating wall

Richie1967

Novice Member
Looks good so far,
Really like the cabinet ;)

Greetz Richie

andy2322

Looks like i've got to remove my wall :mad:as the telly is too high in order to lower it the floating wall has to go. Not a happy chappy at all. Misses thinks it wont have the same effect with the lights as it does in its current position. Have to lower it as the 3d effect isn't as good at the moment as it should be.

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
should of done a bit of forward planning with the position of the screen mate.

you can tell from the pics the tele's high as the blokes head is at the top of the tele when stood uo so 5"10ish to the top of the screen? needs to be quite a bit lower for a seated position.

i also think it would look better with the rope light behind the tv instead of around it to give it a glow effect.

good luck with the second attempt.

andy2322

Not sure if I should create another wall.not sure it will look that good with tv being lower :( unless someone could recommend something

jiko11

Novice Member
Id be gutted just the same if I got that far with all that work. It was looking really good. i agree with the comment earlier about led rope being behind the screen to give off a glow of colour. Def do another wall with tv at eye level. if thats the look you was going for i say go for it. dont compremise on the vision. check out some other on the forum they have they floating walls at a lower height and look really good.

Soldier on!

andy2322

Id be gutted just the same if I got that far with all that work. It was looking really good. i agree with the comment earlier about led rope being behind the screen to give off a glow of colour. Def do another wall with tv at eye level. if thats the look you was going for i say go for it. dont compremise on the vision. check out some other on the forum they have they floating walls at a lower height and look really good.

Soldier on!

could you point me to the pics please really need some idea for wall

andy2322

i really need some pointers my brain is numb.will making another wall be possible because how low it must be with my unit there :rolleyes:

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Just build another one exactly the same but lower by a good foot or so so its about 6" above your unit depending on how high the unit sits. The easiest thing to do is get a laser pen or something sit on the sofa and hold the pen at the height of your eyes and thats the centre point where your screen should be.

I did it by sitting on the sofa and measuring my eye height from the floor and that was my centre height. My bracket is only 38" from the floor but the tv is at the perfect viewing angle when sat down, i.e right in front of you so you don't have to sit with your head tilted back.

I can post a pic of mine if its helps but its not a false wall.

andy2322

Just build another one exactly the same but lower by a good foot or so so its about 6" above your unit depending on how high the unit sits. The easiest thing to do is get a laser pen or something sit on the sofa and hold the pen at the height of your eyes and thats the centre point where your screen should be.

I did it by sitting on the sofa and measuring my eye height from the floor and that was my centre height. My bracket is only 38" from the floor but the tv is at the perfect viewing angle when sat down, i.e right in front of you so you don't have to sit with your head tilted back.

I can post a pic of mine if its helps but its not a false wall.

hi thanks for advice a pic would be good mate:thumbsup:

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
This is an old photo with my previous 40" television. You can see how high it is compared to the sofa.

And this is the new 55" which again sits at the perfect height. I've just measured with a tape measure the top of my mounting bracket is 38" from the floor although it may slightly depending on how heigh/low your sofa is.

If you did the same you can simply build a wall around it once happy with the angle/picture quality.

andy2322

This is an old photo with my previous 40" television. You can see how high it is compared to the sofa.

And this is the new 55" which again sits at the perfect height. I've just measured with a tape measure the top of my mounting bracket is 38" from the floor although it may slightly depending on how heigh/low your sofa is.

If you did the same you can simply build a wall around it once happy with the angle/picture quality.

that's a very nice setup thanks for the help will try and do it asap

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Thanks.

My best bit of advice is not to rush it..

Mount the tele on the wall first and then sit down and make 100% sure your happy with the position of it before moving on to building the false wall.

nbaker

Novice Member
Get the Mrs to sit down as is watching tv and measure her eye level from the ground and use this measurement as your centre line. Thats what I did.

My floating wall goes down almost to floor level.

scot360

Copy mine Andy if you like , shows a lot of dust up though !

This is my first attempt at a floating wall.

My TV is quite low too. Eye height from a seated postion.

Last edited:

scot360

Thanks.

My best bit of advice is not to rush it..

Mount the tele on the wall first and then sit down and make 100% sure your happy with the position of it before moving on to building the false wall.

I have to agree with this chap , do not rush it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett