• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My first AC130 ? Video inside.

trent steel

How did you miss that guy at the end:D
not too bad untill you started camping:smashin:

Fmrl

Heh, been there, done that :D

Start off running around like a mad thing, then you suddenly realise you've got a good streak going so you go all nervous and sneak about looking for longshots ... then you mess up an easy kill :mad: ... of course what's more annoying is that the guy who shot you will be getting a buzzkill bonus.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
How did you miss that guy at the end:D
not too bad untill you started camping:smashin:

No idea. Couldn't believe it myself....was so desperate to get that kill :facepalm: I reckon that first AC130 is coming this week though :D The camping was shameless but I was literally having kittens.

Auditor

Banned
No idea. Couldn't believe it myself....was so desperate to get that kill :facepalm: I reckon that first AC130 is coming this week though :D The camping was shameless but I was literally having kittens.

I did exactly what you did last night playing free for all

I'd been hammering the AC130 all night for the prestige challenge, just before I went to bed I checked the challenge and I only needed 4 more kills for the spinning gold cross emblem. I decided to play '1 more game' so get in Quarry FFA, get my harriers out then start running about and get killed at 10 kills!
Then I got harriers out again, they got me 3 kills and I needed 1 for the AC.

I decided best to hide in a warehouse for that last kill as I wanted to get the AC soon as so I could go to bed. Sat there for about 1 min no one about, then out of nowhere some swine jumps out at me as his HB sensor picked me up and he kills me!! Worst thing is I had ninja pro on so I know for certain that perk doesn't work.

Meh

I'll get the final 4 tonight then no more AC130 for Auditor

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
You will see Bearman in my vid. I was online with him when he got his 1000th AC130 :eek: I only want one :(

Auditor

Banned
You will see Bearman in my vid. I was online with him when he got his 1000th AC130 :eek: I only want one :(

Yep he's a damn good player I used to play COD4 with him on XBOX before I joined the PS3 brigade

Yep the AC130 challenge is a ball ache as some maps are just useless for it, saying that when it goes ape it's the best killstreak.

Was playing ground war domination on Storm on Sunday with a few AVF, if enemy only have C flag it's lights out for them. I had 20 plus kills with it 2 multi kills and 3 triple kills amongst others.

Anyway currently on 996 kills so looking forward to seeing that spinning gold beauty later on 2nite

StuR6

Keep it up, you'll defo get it. And have no shame about camping in the centre warehouse - its a prime place for some close shotgun action and claymores (its up to them to come join in); I always look up there, wondering if there is an obvious sniper. That map is prime for snipers all over the place - some like to run and half scope; but some will take to the snow mounds (or windows) and camp - the map is built for it; why else have sniper rifles and scopes.

On the cheap side of things, no offense, but most of that team were on 3 bar and one guy on 2 bar connection - makes a big difference. No idea how the guy missed you on the stairs - bit sad if he was going for a MLC kill.

Good luck; it may come when you're least expecting it. :smashin:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Yeah. I totally put my hands up to the Lag in the annotations and the vid description. Most of the guys putting vids on are normally getting the host or some sort of lag advantage. Live by the sword, die by the sword I say.

StuR6

Yeah. I totally put my hands up to the Lag in the annotations and the vid description. Most of the guys putting vids on are normally getting the host or some sort of lag advantage. Live by the sword, die by the sword I say.

Can I borrow your sword? :rotfl:

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
:rotfl: I've lost count of the killstreaks I've lost due to being overly cautious, I've changed my ways now though just keep on playing like I was, don't let the fact that you only need one more for the ac-130 affect you :smashin:

Good choice on the class though, thats my fav class atm when there's no lag (I have ninja instead of steadyaim though). Also I'm trying to get into the habit of getting 6 kills before pulling out my predator, then if you only get one kill with it you're still on the harriers and not scrambling around looking for the single kill. :thumbsup:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I hadn't thought of going for that extra kill after the pred. makes alot of sense so I have defo taken that on board. The last month or so I have really started to enjoy the game and take time over picking my loadout. When my son first arrived it all took a back seat and I would get owned when I eventually did get round to having a game. That loadout is great and your spot on right about needing a decent connection. Just need that first Chopper Gunner or AC130 and I will relax.........its coming though.......can feel it in me bones :D

austinqpr

Nice vid, I'd have been lucky if I'd got that far, on either console :blush::D

Although I do like to play fair and let them kill me if I've just killed them... :rolleyes:

At least thats my excuse :facepalm:

Det

Distinguished Member
So you mean you've never gotten an AC130? It's all good, they aren't all that they are cracked up to be. Just remember to cycle through your weapons and don't completely disregard the machine gun. If you're waiting on your other bullets to reload and you have someone in your sights you can still get them with the machine gun. Just lead them a bit so by the time the bullets hit they will be there.

Btw, kids > CoD so good on you!

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
I hadn't thought of going for that extra kill after the pred. makes alot of sense so I have defo taken that on board. The last month or so I have really started to enjoy the game and take time over picking my loadout. When my son first arrived it all took a back seat and I would get owned when I eventually did get round to having a game. That loadout is great and your spot on right about needing a decent connection. Just need that first Chopper Gunner or AC130 and I will relax.........its coming though.......can feel it in me bones :D

The M16 doesn't work when there's lag, but when I'm host it feels like cheating :rotfl: running around like a madman with m16 and the m93 raffica, love the rafficas too, must hurt being shot across the map by one of them :devil:

If I'm on my own I normally play MTDM, and if I'm host will quite often go between 20-30 kills for single figure deaths. It's all in the mind, if you're faced with 3 players coming at you, if you think "oh crap, I'm done!!" then you probably are, but if you think "yeah, come get some!!" and start playing aggressively you'll probably be surprised :D

When you do get an ac-130 you'll probably only get a couple of kills, espcially on tdm, its not easy to use and you want a game mode where the enemy spawns are consistent in order to rack up the kills.

This is what can be done with an M16 and an ac-130 :rotfl:
YouTube - Modern Warfare 2: Domination on Afghan AC130 Style

This guy is probably one of the best players I've seen on youtube *bows down* :D

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Awesome ! I love Sandy Ravages videos. Watching it now.

StuR6

... Just remember to cycle through your weapons ...
Exactly what I've been saying in the A2A quater today. Had a quick spin on one last night on Overgrown; pointing out its best to cycle through and use each fire type, thus allowing the big missile time to reload*. The second smaller missile is equally good, just less blast area it seems; so multikills possible if they've bunched. Its this or the machinegun that I try to look hard for the Coldblooded folk - no name above head in non-HC modes - as you've typically taken most of the red-squares out with the first shot. When they respawn, rinse and repeat. Knowing where doors and windows are helps, as its worth a shot with the big misile; the blast is so huge.

* timing; double tap the big one (some times you get 1 shot, sometimes 2); switch to small missile and unload x3 or 4, then quick burst on Mgun; then back to the big main missile again. Cycle through too fast and the big one is not yet realoded, but get it right and you've got an endless stream.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Not sure what to do now as I am on the edge of prestiging for the first time. Will probably give it a day or two trying to get my 11 killstreak and then push the button in time for the weekend.

StuR6

Not sure what to do now as I am on the edge of prestiging for the first time. Will probably give it a day or two trying to get my 11 killstreak and then push the button in time for the weekend.

Im not being funny, but why go prestige? Are you in a race to hit P10? I think some of us kinda missed that boat already. The only other advantages are: added challenges once gone prestige once*, and added Class Slots per 2nd prestige. However, you'll have to earn your weapons/etc all over again.

If you're really enjoying the game and the hunt for an AC130 I'd stick with it - enjoy!!

* like the rolling Prestige challenges for the Killstreaks.... aka 1,000 kills with an AC130 sound good fun? :p

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I'll always prestige once. Went round about 5 or six times on COD4 and a few times on [email protected] Just would be nice to get one AC130 or CG before I have to build up all the streaks again.

fitzybhoy25

Hillskill,

One man army pro, 1 Hardline Class, 1 stopping power class and the killstreak set up 5/7/11 are your friend.

Get your 5 kills with your stopping power class, switch to Hardline and use your Predator. 9/10 you will get at least 1 kill. The kill from that will unlock your Harriers then it is a case of hiding somewhere and letting your Harriers hopefully do the work.

I'd also switch the attachments you use to Silencer for even more stealthyness.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom