1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first 32WL48

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Damian1978, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Hi,

Well it arrived yesterday and after a long time moving, installing, finding out cables are'nt long enough and then too chunky so you can't put the covers on the set, its up!

At first...oh dear. But after messing with a few DVD's I'm very impressed by the detail and clarity.

One question....does progressive scan work? My SD900e only does NTSC prog scan and when enabled on an NTSC disc the picture looks worse, different but solarised and noisy.

Toshiba UK say that progressive scan is not or rather does'nt work on LCD TV's but is for plasma and CRT. True? Interlaced was a lot lot better.

Also, whats the recommended settings? I'm trying to get a nice clear image thats got depth but not too bright and that you can see detail in dark images.

Its only been on about 4 hours so I suppose it'll improve and when I get some more aerial cable I'll be able to move the set forward.

All the pixels seem to be working to, wwhich is nice :thumbsup:

2. boab_is

boab_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the words of Dr Evil:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..........

The Toshiba SD900e is better on interlaced i have heard.

If you get a Pal Progressive player, such as a denon/marantz/pioneer, you will appreciate the Prog Scan more.