1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Fair Lady BBC4

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Andy3, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I've just been watching the film 'My Fair Lady' on BBC4. Apparently this is the restored version, but it looks worse than the original if you ask me. The image was unstable (jittering side-to-side) and the edges of objects ragged. There was also a small amount of colour fringing, like poor optics. Most unpleasant all round. I'm sure the original wasn't this bad!
    I've seen restored versions of other films (Laurence Olivier's Henry V is stunning, especially the battle scenes) and they are generally very good. I wonder what's up with this one?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

This was the restored version, but the print did seem very, very nackered. I get the impression the BBC didn't check too clearly the quality of the print they were airing. Ah well.

Pooch

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    BBC do this a lot, airing far poorer quality versions when compared to what's available on DVD. I asked them about it, and they told me that they can't just lift the DVD version and air it - they can only use the versions studios have authorized them to.