My exploding head

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by pmjoyce, Oct 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. pmjoyce

pmjoyce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm almost at my wits end. So many options for a noob. I was going down the CRT route then decided that I might quite like a flat panel. As boring as this sounds I'm going to put this out there in the hope that someone might be able to help.

What I need:
    A shortlist of displays which I can then review/audition. The main use will be as a TV via Sky but I will be using it regularly for other thing (see below)

Requirements:
    32" - 37" LCD or Plasma

Connectivity:
    Sky+ box (via RGB scart?)
    DVD player (prog scan via component)
    HTPC inc gaming (best possible quality - I'm thinking DVI)
    XBox (whatever's available)

Budget:
    Upper limit of £1600

Any advice gratefully received!! :)

2. RichardP

RichardP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try looking at the Sharp LC-32GA4E or LC-32GA3E, they are the same except for the position of the speakers. Just introduced so may be hard to find. I would recommend viewing in a dark room, the black point may bother you.

3. pmjoyce

pmjoyce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Richard. I was thinking of looking at the Tosh 32wl48 but can't seem to find anywhere with it on show. I guess the most important thing is that it looks good on a Sky signal as this wil be what I will spend most of the time watching...