My experience with dvdcodes.net

B

BlueMoon100

The administrator removed my warning about this company because he didn't like the way I worded it. So I am changing it to this:

Over 50 days ago I ordered a remote from dvdcodes.net to unlock my Panasonic DMR-ES20 recorder to make it region-free. I have exchanged emails with Matt who keeps telling me to be patient and that it will arrive. It has not arrived and I am out $30.

Can anyone suggest a way to unlock my Panasonic DMR-ES20 recorder? Please do not recommend a vendor unless you have had positive experiences with them. Thanks.

The administrator removed my warning about this company because he didn't like the way I worded it. So I am changing it to this:

Over 50 days ago I ordered a remote from dvdcodes.net to unlock my Panasonic DMR-ES20 recorder to make it region-free. I have exchanged emails with Matt who keeps telling me to be patient and that it will arrive. It has not arrived and I am out $30.

Can anyone suggest a way to unlock my Panasonic DMR-ES20 recorder? Please do not recommend a vendor unless you have had positive experiences with them. Thanks.

The above has been covered in past threads on this forum!

For options on modding your Panasonic, see the "looking for a hack - start here" thread at the top of this forum, and there are many reputable vendors out there (forum banner below, even!) if you choose that option - again, search these forums for experiances of your choosen vendo, or have a go at doing it yourself with the other Panasonic threads here.

telling me to be patient and that it will arrive. It has not arrived and I am out $30.

Oh yeah, appears you have a NTSC machine? If so, most Panasonic models are not PAL compatible, nothing to do with regional encoding. So unless you want to watch NTSC japanese Region 2 discs, be warned! Again, this is pointed out on most modification websites.

I am in the US. Does this mean that even if I make my machine region-free, I will not be able to play a dvd I bought in London? Thanks.

it all depends if your tv can handle a pal signal.
our machines convert from your system(NTSC 60 Hz) by removing 10 frames from the picture to take it to 50Hz.

if it's on a newer tv, less that 8 years old then it may work or if it's a mulit-system tv then it will work.
there's only one way to find out, deregion it and try it.

have you tried the first post on this forum?

I am in the US. Does this mean that even if I make my machine region-free, I will not be able to play a dvd I bought in London? Thanks.

You will need to check your user manual to see if it does support PAL playback, almost all panasonic NTSC models do not. It has nothing to do with regional coding, it is simply a cost cutting measure - PAL support is not needed for region 1 machines (USA/Canada) where the TV format is NTSC 3.58.

Whereas European models have to support both PAL (europe/UK), and NTSC (Japan) which are both Region 2 - hence NTSC support for region 1 discs when they are modified. The only way your machine will allow PAL playback (you`ll get a "this type of disc cannot be played" error if not) is if it physically supports PAL playback.

it all depends if your tv can handle a pal signal.

Err, no! :eek:

Region 1 NTSC machines usually have no PAL video support at all. There is simply no need for a video format not supported in that region. Even if the TV has PAL support makes no difference if the playback hardware is physically incapable of reading a different video format.

They cannot process and display a PAL disc as they are a different video format, whereas a original PAL machine can playback NTSC, as NTSC has a lower video resolution to PAL.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom