My experience of the Humax Aura.

RobTi

Looking at this thread just to see how the aura performs as I have the hdr foxt2 which although running fine should be on its last legs with the psu given how old it is

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
From what I can tell, most of the niggles with the Aura have been resolved, apart from the lack of Netflix and NowTV apps. Might worth looking at the MyHummy website for the latest news.

Moviebuff

Looking at this thread just to see how the aura performs as I have the hdr foxt2 which although running fine should be on its last legs with the psu given how old it is

Though it shouldn't really come as any surprise, given how old the Fox is now, the Aura experience is completely different, and miles ahead of the 'old veteran', which I found frustrating when I owned one.

Just a pity that Humax released the Aura too early, soiling it's rep somewhat.

RobTi

Though it shouldn't really come as any surprise, given how old the Fox is now, the Aura experience is completely different, and miles ahead of the 'old veteran', which I found frustrating when I owned one.

Just a pity that Humax released the Aura too early, soiling it's rep somewhat.
I have had one for years and put the custom firmware on at the start and only problem so far was a few years back I had to put another drive in, but as you say a bit long in the tooth but happy for the moment

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Nothing wrong with using older kit if it still works and can be serviced! My 9+ y our old Panasonic PVR is still trundling along at present. It will be a pain when its HDD dies, because Panasonic don't make it easy to swap drives. Grrr.

RobTi

Nothing wrong with using older kit if it still works and can be serviced! My 9+ y our old Panasonic PVR is still trundling along at present. It will be a pain when its HDD dies, because Panasonic don't make it easy to swap drives. Grrr.
I’m happy to plod along with my machine till the psu goes and that will be it then, I back up recordings to my server just in case

Moviebuff

I think it all comes down to expectations. I have always baulked at subscribing to Sky, but it has to be said that the user experience is one of, if not the best. When I purchased the Fox, I found it too clunky and 'obtrusive' in it's use, compared to the original Sky Digital boxes, however, it did get the job done. My old man had up until very recently used his Fox as his main platform (with custom firmware}, until he too purchased an Aura. His remote was failing (for a 2nd time), otherwise, I'm sure he would have kept on using it.

For my missus & myself, having had Sky Q since release & Sky Digital for many years prior, was looking for a viable alternative, & the Aura finally stands more chance of fulfilling that brief, even if the Fox & Aura ultimately do a 'similar" job.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom