My Epson 5030UB is on Acid! Help!

MikeyMontana

Novice Member
Please check out the included video to see what I see. Exactly half of my image on this ungodly Epson 5030UB is obscured by moving yellow and blue boxes. On brighter scenes the issue is less prevalent, and on white backgrounds the issue completely disappears. Some of the pixels making up these boxes will flicker between yellow and normal on a still picture. I've already tried reseating and cleaning the RGB ribbon cables inside the projector. Two other things of note, this happens on the menu and no signal screens, and whenever the screen goes dark (scene change, connecting to input) I see faint, wide, and light purple vertical bands on the same half that's glitching out. Changing the picture settings (Color Mode, Brightness, Contrast, Hue) ABSOLUTELY affects the position of these boxes. The lamp is genuine with 611 hours. So what the hell is going on with this $2,000 projector? Whoever can help me get this 100% back in working order I will send you my previous home theater projector absolutely free, postage included.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom