My elite water-cooled idea will it work??

Macal97

Novice Member

Macal97

Novice Member
I hope it works and I will get a water-cool build get the pun but I do hope it works and is in £750 price range and below

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
You don't need to create a new thread for every change in your build.

You're missing a case and a copy of Windows there. Your original thread doesn't provide any details on them so if you're planning to reuse them I can't say whether they'd work.

It's worth pointing out that watercooling won't affect the PC's performance and isn't likely to have much volume improvement next to a small spend on a better CPU & GPU cooler so you're essentially spending the additional £250 on the coolness factor.

There's nothing wrong with that but it is important that you know what you're buying.

If you're going to reuse your old hard drive then I would go for a solid state drive (SSD). You should be able to pick up a 240GB model for around a fiver more than the seagate hard drive. SSDs make a system more responsive during normal use so programs open quicker.

I can't help with the watercooling compatibility as I've never looked into the details myself.

Macal97

Novice Member
Sorry I forgot case but I'm going to get Windows 10 of kinguin for 23 pounds and this will be my first build I will probably get a cheap case

Last edited:

Macal97

Novice Member
You don't need to create a new thread for every change in your build.

You're missing a case and a copy of Windows there. Your original thread doesn't provide any details on them so if you're planning to reuse them I can't say whether they'd work.

It's worth pointing out that watercooling won't affect the PC's performance and isn't likely to have much volume improvement next to a small spend on a better CPU & GPU cooler so you're essentially spending the additional £250 on the coolness factor.

There's nothing wrong with that but it is important that you know what you're buying.

If you're going to reuse your old hard drive then I would go for a solid state drive (SSD). You should be able to pick up a 240GB model for around a fiver more than the seagate hard drive. SSDs make a system more responsive during normal use so programs open quicker.

I can't help with the watercooling compatibility as I've never looked into the details myself.
This is my first an I'm posting new threads for different ideas

Simon D

I would say that the case is very important as it need beable to mount the radiator, pump and reservoir.

You need to decide if you want a Push/Pull fan system as this will require extra room inside case.

I suggest that you check that you case you pick can support the XSPC Raystorm 420 water cooling kit?

Most people go to water cooling to reduce the noise level of the PC and the aesthetics, you can see some extra performance if you pick the right kit.

If this is not important than go with a very good air CPU cooler and use the money saved to buy better CPU or video card or SSD.

If you do go water cooling than I suggest that you do a leak test on the system before firing up the PC. People have killed the system with water leaks

Official OcUK Watercooling Reference Guide and FAQ

** Official OcUK Watercooling Reference Guide and FAQ ** - Overclockers UK Forums

Cheers

Simon

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom