• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My DVD player wont read my disc anymore?

Zippy77777

Established Member
Hi guys...

Can anyone help? My DVD burner wont read a certain disc anymore. I play x-plane 10 and i use the DVD1 disc as the key disc. It used to work but for some reason it wont read it anymore and just spits it out.

The disc is in good condition and can be read by other machines that I have. The confusing thing is that other CDs and DVDs still work in the original drive.

Do you think the disc is faulty or shall i purchase a new cheap drive?

Thx people really appreciate your feedback

:)

next010

Distinguished Member
Could be a combination of the two if the DVD was mastered with poor quality materials then some DVD drives can struggle to read the disc, a failing DVD drive might struggle a lot more.

I'd get something with a bit quality, back in the day when DVD still mattered (DVD keys are a rare thing now) Plextor drives were considered the most reliable readers, or you could try getting an LG drive as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom