My DVD Player Shortlist - any comments?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Spiny, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Spiny

Spiny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Looking for a DVD player to partner a Denon AVR-770SD amp & SYS-3AL speaker set up. I've eliminated the matching DVD-770SD as the specs don't explicitly say it supports DVD-R. (Although I'm told here that it does, I'd prefer a 'official' support).

My current top 3 are:

1. Denon DVD-1710 (£110)
    2. Denon DVD-1400 (£200)
    3. Pioneer DV575A (£130)

I put the Denons over the Pioneer because the remote from the Denon amp will control other denon kit, big plus in useability for me.

Anyone seen these that cares to comment?

Cheers :)

2. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I just bought the 1400 on Friday and love it. I thought about the 575 but settled on the Denon as I wanted a player that did my cd's some justice; plus it was half price! Bargain if you ask me. As for the performace, I've upgraded from a Tosh 220, and it beats it hands down as far as I can see(& hear) and I'm no expert. The only down side is the lack of prog scan.

Steve

3. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    If you want prog scan get the Pioneer 575. If you don't get the Denon 1400. Other than that there is little between the two. I suppose you could argue that with progressive scan the Pioneer is more future proof and it is a cheaper player but the Denon has superior build quality and looks more solid.

Like I said, there's little between the two.