My Dvd Player Actually Damage My Disc's + is it nackered?

Jez

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just tried to watch a brand new dvd straight out of box and my player has just started struggling to read it then just gave up about half way through the film.

Looked at the disc and there are scratches on it? Can the laser have done this? Now my player wont play anything, just turned it off will try again in abit.

Anyone with experience on this type of thing, it my player finished? It has been struggling more and more recently. Can the player actualy have damaged the disc? Was it too hot etc? Any ideas, have had it since 2001

Thanks for any help :)

apart from stating the obvious (put a cleaning disc in) i had the problem with my XBOX. after performing a few song and dances it needed a new laser and so threw it away.(£80 for a new one couldn't be bothered)

Do cleaning disc's actually work, always thought they were a gimic?

The laser's heat can't do anything, if somethings to lined up right in side a spinning disc could scrape aganist anything.

Cleaning discs do work, but I doubt that's the problem here. It would take more than a bit of dust on the lense to cause the damage described. Is it only this one disc that's been damaged?
I know it seems like a mad thing to do, but try a different disc (Magazine cover disc perhaps) to see if it happens again. If it does, then there's not much you can do without taking the thing apart to have a proper look. If it's in warranty, then take it back to have a pro' do it. If it's not, then taking the case off to have a look is a doddle.
Please bear in mind that we're talking about lasers here though , so make sure the power is turned off otherwise you could end up getting an eyefull. :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom