1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DV88+ no longer plays most DVD's well

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Cameron, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, my DV88+ has been playing up for the last few months. It gets stuck on random parts of DVD's as if the disc is bad or the disc is dirty.

I have tried a laser cleaner dvd which made it work for a couple of movies but now its back to not working 50 percent of the time.

The dvd's work fine on my pc dvd drive so it is defiently my DV88+.

Is there anything I can try before I have to send my dv88+ in to get fixed?

Also, do I have to send it in to the place i got it from (creative audio last janurary) or can I drop it off at a local seven oaks?

thanks

CaM

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Sounds like the laser is on the way out.. I have had 3 replaced in the last few years.. though the latest one I have has been fine for well over a year..

I had some issues in getting my dealer to deal with it as the particular machine was a insurance replacement from a newcastle dealer..(though the original was bought from themselves) in the end they did take it and sent it back to Arcam.

You may have to send it back to creative audio.. but in that event you might as well send it straight to Arcam if you go through there helpdesk.

My player does compain if the discs are dirty.. though when I check them I see my three yr old grubbie prints all over them.. one quick clean with a baby wipe (yep works a treat ) and then wiped off with a lense cloth (microfibre thing) and the disc is spotless and plays 100%

HTH

Matt

3. Cameron

Cameron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, thanks for your reply.

I'll send it to creative audio and let them deal with it (as its under warenty still). This even happens on brand new discs so I guess its just the laser on the way out.

CaM