1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My DV29 has got a mind of its own!

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by MarkE19, Dec 24, 2004.

1. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    OK in the past couple of weeks my DV29 has started doing a few strange things.

1. When trying to eject a disk (CD & DVD) with the remote the tray refuses to open and the screen goes shows 'loading'. I have to press eject on the front panel of the player to get the disk out. On one occassion I had to power the player off with the main power switch on the front and then back on before the disk would eject. This seems to happen nearly every time, but not every!

2. When playing a CD and pressing the '>|' track jump forward button it often (yet again not every time) will jump 2 track, or sometimes 3. I use a touch screen remote so know its not due to dirty contacts on the buttons. The origional remote does the same thing.

Please tell me I don't need to return it to the dealer as it is a 1hour+ journey and I don't drive so will need to lug the thing on the trains. Bad enough at any time of year, but in this weather and with the January sales (starting on Boxing Day of course) the journey to the shop will be even more of a nightmare.

Mark.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Which version of the firmware have you got. The most up to date version is 5.13.0. You can find out which version you have by going into the Engineer's by pressing '4792' in the setup menu.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Oh dear, looks like its time for a software update then!

5.10.0/LT78/02/FF
    LT78

Can I do this myself? I assume I can by getting 7Oaks to ask Arcam for a disk, or I can download it (unofficially) from somewhere can't I?

Mark.

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    I can e-mail you the software if you like. Just PM me with your e-mail address and I'll forward you the files.

Chris.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Thanks Chris, you have PM :thumbsup:

Mark.