My DIY Projector just died so I need recomendations!

glappe

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have been into the DIY projector scene since 2004 (Lumenlab) until it basically died out in 2008. Well as of tonight my dear old long time 1080P DIY Projector friend bit the bullet :( so I'm looking for some knowledgeable recommendations for a replacement. The biggest complaint that I have had about Ole Faithful was the overall brightness so a bright 1080P projector is wanted. I hope that someone can recommend a projector that will fit my current setup. My current setup is as follows.

Screen dimensions are;
65" high (5ft-5")
Width 114" (9ft-6")
Diagonal 11ft (132")
Distance from projection lens to the screen 16ft (192")
2projector.jpg
3projector.jpg
1projector.jpg
projector room.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you're looking for a new off the shelf one?
Whats your budget? Do you want 3D/4K?

There are some real crackers out there right now, like for like you can get a decent 1080p bright pj for under £500 even. I have this Acer H6510BD 1080p 3D Home Video Projector for the garden and its bright enough for that (viewable but not great in direct sunlight, never used it indoors but if it can handle that it should be able to handle living room brightness.

If you have a light controlled from then a DILA from JVC/Sony are hard to beat for overall picture quality (but brightness may be an issue with your large screen).

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yep looks good, unless you have a very specific requirement then I think there is a good choice of models that will all be great.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom