My Daughters GCSE Art Entry

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Taken on an iPhone to be fair and from a slight angle. Gives me goosebumps and in the flesh as simply astonishing in its detail. The picture is about the size of 4 A3 sheets and is a proper canvas. Remember she is only 16 and is going on to study fine art....

Kate's GCSE Painting 2csc by topgazza, on Flickr

I'm very proud of her talent...self taught as well :thumbsup:

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Impressive - take a better picture of it - not as if you don't have any decent cameras now is it ? :)

topgazza

Distinguished Member
I know where you live Jim... sadly :devil:

But its being submitted for marking so I won't see it again for a couple of weeks but when I do I'm sure I can drag out a half decent camera from somewhere :facepalm:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
Fantastic picture, really nicely done.

Best of luck to your daughter and her art, always nice to see true talent move forward :smashin:

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Thanks peeps...she knows she's very good but is very modest about it all...which is nice

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Thanks Dan

The Eggman72

Amazing..I can see a very bright long career ahead for her....Well done..I bet your very proud....

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Beyond belief which is why I wanted to share it here. Kate has been doing art since she was 5 years old and loves doing Manga art as well as painting horses and to watch her develop all on her own is remarkable. Regardless of being my daughter its great to see a young person with talent who can put it down, literally, on paper. I feel a long and rewarding and alas expensive for her parents... education ahead of her.

The Eggman72

Well feel free to share more of her work here I think I speak for most people on here when I say we would love to see it & how she develops...

Last edited:

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

topgazza

Distinguished Member
:mad::nono: :mad::spam::lesson:

...oh..wait...you're right :blush:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
It's not particularly the painting itself that I admire most - good as it is - it's the creative concept - magic :)

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Subject was "Emotion" with a number of possible sub options below that. Kate chose "Force" thinking force of will. She was inspired by something she saw a long while ago in a film she thinks.

topgazza

Distinguished Member
:rotfl::thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett