My current set up before and after

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Montel, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Montel

Montel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Current System

I just thought that I would post a picture of my current setup and describe it, before install my new HD kit. The picture is 2 years old but the setup looks much the same now.

Screen is recessed into the wall and it looks awesome!. Fortunately the build was quite straightforward as I have a wall with a 12cm soundproofing layer inside the room which I cut out to fit the current screen Panasonic TH-42PW6. AV Cables are routed in rectangular tumble dryer vent ducts fitted into the soundproofing layer. A great solution that allows you to get those high end scart leads through. Power is provided by a separate ducting tube. The wall was fully re-plastered with a tight finish. The screen itself sits about 3cm behind the wall line, which has a great effect of putting the back of the box in shadow, no matter what lighting I use.

The upgrade

The kit list: Pioneer 508XD, Toshiba HD-XE1, PS3 and Sky HD.

The New kit has arrived and I have temporarily set the panel using a proper Pioneer stand, rest of equipment just fits on existing stand. Photo to follow. Ps. the Pioneer picture is incredible!

The job

Resize the hole to fit the 50inch Pioneer, re-plaster, decorate and install. Will be fun, I’ll keep you posted!

Attached Files:

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Very neat, a job well done.:thumbsup:

3. MarkP80

MarkP80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Perfect setup to have a projector and an electric screen come down for the big movies!.....

MarkP