My Cosy Bedroom Setup..

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Ive been around here for a fair while but have been reluctant to post because my setup technicly isn't a "Home Cinema" as have no Surround system.
Never been too bothered with surround and dont really have the room to do it how i'd like so just thought i'd post what i have anyway, nice and neat since a revamp and new rack last september and is still my mini Cinema :)

Quick list of kit excluding portables etc, Added Couple PC pics, Also added couple pics of Logitech G25 setup.

Toshiba 32WLT66, Syncmaster P2450, Rotel RA932mkII amp, Marantz CD5400, Mission 772's, MJ Acoustics Reference 100 & KEF 20B Subs, Panasonic DMREX77, Sony MDSS39, Pure Evoke 1xt dab, Tannoy PSP Dock, Sony PS3 60gb, Xbox 360 + HDDVD, Alphason FW1100 Rack, Soundstyle Z2 Stands, Harmony 555 Remote, Astro 2010 Mixamp, BK HPA1 & Sennheiser HD650

My PC (Phenom II x3 @ 3.5ghz/Sapphire HD6870(old pic shows 4870)/8gb DDR3/Kingston SSD)

The Wonderfull Logitech G25 wheel.

And yeah a black 360 would go in there bit better. ;-(
Thanks for looking.. :smashin:

Last edited:

GMC79

Distinguished Member
thats alot money on xbox games :(
But your right , that looks like a pretty cummfy setup.

Cheers. Yeah but ive owned at least 50% more than that at one point (90+), god if i hadnt traded/sold. £4k on 360 games i reckon.lol.
I dont think about it, especially now im recently redundant/skint.lol.

Legacy

Novice Member
Very nice setup, I love the look of the dark wood speaker cabinets and AV rack, dark wood in my opinion always complements AV gear brilliantly.

I'm the same as you regarding speakers, I just have 2 floorstanding missions and that does me fine, although I don't know about you but even with a phantom centre I do find vocals on movies to lack a bit of volume and clarity, have you found any problem with yours?

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Very nice setup, I love the look of the dark wood speaker cabinets and AV rack, dark wood in my opinion always complements AV gear brilliantly.

I'm the same as you regarding speakers, I just have 2 floorstanding missions and that does me fine, although I don't know about you but even with a phantom centre I do find vocals on movies to lack a bit of volume and clarity, have you found any problem with yours?

Thanks yeah when was looking for new unit spotted the alphason and seen it was similar to my speakers finish and a perfect size with the black glass i fancied and that was it, looks like its worth 2 or 3 times it's £270 tag when seen in person. Looks pretty nice.
Vocals on mine rather good for old budget speakers but suppose that depends what your watching, i use my audio for TV, Games, PC and movies and ive really never even considered going surround cos im so happy with the stereo performance.
Since i changed this around a while ago couldn't be happier with how things sound now added stands etc, had amp and speakers some years now (about 9), not gonna change them either since they work so well for me in this room.

wow u got a game gear still. i found n checked mine today n its busted :( im gonna check ebay in a bit and try get one again cos there one my fav game systems :D

benmbe

Hello enthusiast,

To be totally honest!....''VERY COZY AND WELL LAID OUT''

Lovely and well done....Liked it instantly nice and clean.

Genuine regards

:hiya::hiya::smashin::)

Beany31

Distinguished Member
I like it mate, how's the tosh?

I went for the Sharp LC32d44e instead of that and no regrets so far :clap:

GMC79

Distinguished Member
I like it mate, how's the tosh?

I went for the Sharp LC32d44e instead of that and no regrets so far :clap:

Yeah mate it's lovely, had it bout 30 months and paid about £650 i think which was ok back then. Brilliant with HD and SD (via HDMI with SD) . Pretty poor via scart but dont use that anyway.
Has ok sound too but most of the time use the hifi for sound.

Cheers for all comments so far guys. :)

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Ahh ! The lair of a Gamerscore Addict :smashin:

ah not really now, we all had a spell of that i spose. More time now jobless and playing more for fun now. Tons of games to play tho.

samdavis

Standard Member
Nice looking setup you've got there!

I'm also with you on the 2 channel thing, I've never used a surround system and dont think I'd have the patience or money to set it up properly! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom