My Constantly tweaked Dedicated!

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by kerbys, Jan 4, 2017.

1. kerbys

kerbys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Was gifted a Go-Pro for christmas so thought was a good time to get some wide angle shots of my room and do a little write up.
    My Cinema is constantly being tweaked I dont think ill every really be completely finished. I Completed this work myself (Had help with hanging the ceiling. They are concrete sheets, yes concrete. I read somewhere that weight = sound proofing, just ended up causing me no end of greif!
    Ill Come back and do some write ups if anyone's interested?

Kit List!
    PJ - Sony HW55ES AMP - ONKYO TXNR656 Screen - Panoview 104" Electric (Does live down though) Speakers - KEF IQ series - IQ5SE, IQ60, IQ10, KUBE 2. Input - Xbox One, Nvidea Shield TV

Control - Harmony Elite.

Whole house is controlled using Vera Edge (All lights), TV and Cinema controlled with harmony. All of which is Voice controlled via Alexa.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. kerbys

kerbys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Next change will be some heavy curtains, one on either side of the screen and one across the door way. The door to the living room has become a huge issue, I started with a fire door (Hung as tight as possible) then added a drop seal, perimeter seal and then covered the whole inside with a dense rubber sheet. This has sound proofed it quiet well but a heavy curtain should finish it off.

Also due to the weight of the ceiling plus the settlement of the new extension the ceiling has shown its joins. With the room being Black and grey i dread to think what would happen if i attacked it with polyfiller and sandpaper, then repaint. My potential solution is to cover with devour fabric.

3. 5saladz

5saladz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Beautiful room!