1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My concerns over Panny AE100..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by museumsteve, Feb 17, 2002.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    Some of you know I was well chuffed to get hold of one of these quickly last week, it arrived on Friday.
    I've been using a Sony CS3 for the past few months or so and have been extremely pleased with it's performance but always wanted to upgrade for Progressive Scan.
    Now 2 days on, I'm not so sure I made the right choice.

1 - There's a dead pixel about 8inches from the top right, 4 inches in, so it's fairly prominent

2 - there seems to be banding top to bottom, strips of about 2 or 3 inches which at times are very noticeable

3 - the standard picture (non progressive) is awful quality and definately worse than my old Sony.

4 - Screen door is notcieable depending on movie..

Does this mean that Panasonic have not made any effort on normal mode in the knowledge that when you compare it to PS you'll be very impressed.?

Can I exchange because of the dead pixel

Is the banding normal..

I use a Da-lite screen which was perfect for my last projector and I'm even off to Lonodn today to get a different screen in the hope it sorts some of the problems out..

At the moment I wish I had waited for a 10WHT..would it have been noticeably better..??

gutted..:(

2. stan_toopee

stan_toopee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    keep smiling as long as possible. have you tried all the settings and cabling alternatives cos mine was total pants with s-video (dont have component dvd) possibly a duff lead so i went to composite video and i looked like i'd been using smilex. rock on the joker

my supplier said he'd refund if i wasn't totally satisfied i.e dead pixels etc.

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I use component.. I had the cable made up locally for £90..
    I may play around and use some diff cable later. I really want it to be nice..please.

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I may be getting there. I picked up a high reflection screen from Tottenham Court Rd yesterday and as well as getting a bigger piccie now, it's lovely and bright.
    I'm gonna play around with cabling tonight...my fingers are crossed..

5. stan_toopee

stan_toopee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    found out why my s-video cable was rubbish, i didn't have the dvd players output set to s-video. DOH!!!!
    what make/size screen did you get?