1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"My Compilation Album" in SonicStage 2.3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MrHarry, Mar 30, 2005.

1. MrHarry

MrHarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have seen this problem referred to in other threads. I got my HD3 a week ago, and I'm extremely pleased with it (black, V sexy!). Am currently in the process of transferring my CD collection onto it. I wanted to create a playlist that only contained more chilled out songs, so that I woulnt get Dillinger Escape Plan playing when i'm trying to sleep on the train.

What's the best way of doing this? I made a "My Compilation Album", and experienced the duplicated track lists that I've seen mentioned, which is annoying. Is bookmarking the best way perhaps? (tho this only lets you create the one personal playlist album).

Does anyone have any ideas? It does seem silly that its so difficult to create your own playlist :eek:

2. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i´m afraid the only way to create playlists is by bookmarking. maybe sony could upgrade the software of the HD3 as well as they did with HD1 and native mp3, so you can create playlists and enqeue songs. that would be very nice

3. bstonehouse

bstonehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The only way I have found around this is to create a 'compilation' in SS and then to change the 'Source' field in all the tracks to a unique name i.e songs for gym etc. and this then becomes the album name, this stops the songs being duplicated in the real album, although it does mean that the songs are tranferred to the player twice.

4. MrHarry

MrHarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the advice guys! One more question though....

I've created a compilation album already. I want to delete it, and then just bookmark tracks for now. If i delete the compilation, and choose "remove the tracks from my library", will it just delete the duplicates that it created, or will it remove the tracks completely? I've had a look, and only some of the albums (i used whole albums for my compilation) have suffered from duplicated tracks; I don't know why its some and not all!?!

If anyone can help, I would be v. grateful

BTW unlocked the volume limiter with the guide on this site..TOP STUFF!! :clap: :rotfl: