My city - via the Sigma 10-20mm

Holowlegs

Hi ya

Very nice tontoshorse:thumbsup:

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Tonto, you and that b****y lens, i was quite happy with my camera until you stuck that thing on your camera, now the need for me to buy a dslr is reaching fever pitch, just so that i can buy that lens to put on it, damn you Tonto, damn you.:mad:

Very good photo, by the way.

Tobers

I know what you mean. Cracking lens for being creative. Nice composition on this with the bridge lines leading you right into the centre of town.

tontoshorse

cracking shot and the sky is nicely exposed. did you use any filters or anything?

Cheers all for the comments.:thumbsup:
Just the MC UV filter to protect the lens. Its a 77mm lens and they don't come cheap!
Now if only someone was flogging a cokin set.............

Now Bodoman, I'll give you first dips on the D50 when it goes on the sales forum soon!

But then again, why not go for the D200;) Mmmm.

V

vulkan75

Very nice tonto..excellent composition with the two bridges and the road that winds around..I love this lens too:smashin:

Grahamhyde

Can I ask a couple questions?

What focal length did you shoot your piccy at?

....and I see there is a slight distortion on the bridge. Therefore, because the focal length of the zoom is so small on the 10-20, would a prime 20mm Sigma lens produce nearly the same frame size and be without the lens distortion?

I am slightly confused about whether to go for a fixed or zoom lens. I am mainly wanting it for landscape shots with some interior shooting.

Thanks in advance
Graham

tontoshorse

Can I ask a couple questions?

What focal length did you shoot your piccy at?

....and I see there is a slight distortion on the bridge. Therefore, because the focal length of the zoom is so small on the 10-20, would a prime 20mm Sigma lens produce nearly the same frame size and be without the lens distortion?

I am slightly confused about whether to go for a fixed or zoom lens. I am mainly wanting it for landscape shots with some interior shooting.

Thanks in advance
Graham

Graham , this was at 10mm (1/160th 200iso).
The extra 10mm gives a totally differant perspective and IMHO is worth having.
In comparison here is the same shot at 15mm.

Grahamhyde

Thanks for that.

I didn't realise there was that much cropping between 10 & 15 mm!

The problem worstens for me now to decide if I want the framing flexibility and ultimate view angle of the 10-20 zoom or the quality of image from a prime 20mm wide angle lens!

I also suppose the pricing of the signma 10-20 needs to be taken into account, as well.

I might have to start a thread for me to understand all the pros & cons of each type from much more experienced folk than my newby self!!!

Cheers
Graham

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom