My Cinema Room by richard_t

richard_t

Established Member
Reaction score
Since I had the digital camera out earlier this week I thought I'd finally create a thread to show my Cinema Room.

The room is situated in upstairs in a spare bedroom ( I say 'spare' - it's actually the largest bedroom that I managed to take over ;) ). It's a rented house which is the reason I've not been able to go down route of mounting a projector and screen.

First shot is of the front of the room. Pioneer PDP-LX5090 screen, Pioneer SC-LX71 Amplifier and Pioneer BDP-LX71 Blu-ray player. The center channel speaker is the Monitor Audio RS-LCR and the mains are Monitor Audio RS6.

attachment.php

This next picture is of the rear right of the room. My Blu-ray collection is on the shelves ( about 130 - 140 films ). The rear speakers are Monitor Audio RSFX.

attachment.php

Here's a picture of the left hand wall of the room. The subwoofer / lamp stand is a BK Monolith and my beloved 'Dawn Of The Dead' framed poster.

attachment.php

A picture of the rear wall. Framed 'logos' and a small framed 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' poster being obscured by the flash.

attachment.php

And finally a close up of the TV / Equipment stand...

attachment.php

Everything looks quite different in the pictures due to the amount of light I've had to use to get decent pictures. It's lot more 'moody' and 'warmer' in real life.

Behind the curtain I've fitted full light blocking material to the window frame. This stops 100% of light coming into the room. With the lights off you literally can't see an inch in front of your face no matter what time of day or night it is.

Happy with everything as it stands at the moment and so not thinking about any upgrades for the time being other than some more framed posters to cover the bare walls. I think the next purchase will eventually be a subwoofer EQ device but would rather spend all my spare cash on the film collection at the moment.

Anyway hope you like your insight into my favourite place in the world. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 6,175
  • DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 4,363
  • DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 4,368
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 4,462
  • DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 3,921
Howdy!! Very nice system you have there and great looking decor :thumbsup: Good to see a fellow LX71 owner too :smashin: Love the cinema logos as well, I was thinking of getting some for my room at some point!! Great setup :smashin:

That certainly is Pioneer heaven!! Love the set up mate and id be interested to know what you think of the LX71 amp as im considering that as my next upgrade.

Thanks for sharing your great room :thumbsup:

KobeoneHD

Nice and neat set up Rich. Whats up with the cushions either side of the TV? Do your left and right speakers have a habit of falling over when you turn up the volume too much?

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Very much appreciated.

Nice and neat set up Rich. Whats up with the cushions either side of the TV? Do your left and right speakers have a habit of falling over when you turn up the volume too much?

No thankfully not. The nearest I get to that is finding that the lamp on top of the subwoofer has moved a few inches when I turn the lights back on after a particularly 'bassy' film. :thumbsup:

The cushions strewn about the room are really just an attempt at adding some extra soft furnishing in order to dampen the accoustics a little. There's definitely a fairly large improvement in sound with them as opposed to them not being there.

Good choice of speakers! :D

I just hope that radiator doesn't get too hot near your front right RS6! Especailly with winter only around the corner! :smashin:

I've got that radiator turned completely off for just that reason. It's a pretty warm house and so it's thankfully warm enough in the room without it being turned on. Besides which, the heat kicked out from the Plasma more than makes up for it. :smashin:

Lovely setup, I'm aspiring to something like this if I ever get around to a loft conversion. :)

Nice set up Richard where did you get the cinema logos from:thumbsup:

Nice set up Richard where did you get the cinema logos from:thumbsup:

I got them from the following site that was linked to from AVS...

Tin Studio

I think you need to register to get access to the full resolution images but once that's done you've got access to loads and loads of different ones to print out.

I then got them printed out on best quality photo paper 10x8 at ones of the places that prints from memory stick and stuck them in a frame.

Hi Richard are you happy with your speaker package i was looking at the monitor audios myself but my dealer says they are more suited to music than movies i wondered what you thought

Nice set up there

A big pioneer fan myself

A Pj will complete me thinks

DrH:smashin:

Hi Richard are you happy with your speaker package i was looking at the monitor audios myself but my dealer says they are more suited to music than movies i wondered what you thought

Yeah I'm very happy with them. I don't know if they are better with music than movies but I think they're great with films. I've certainly not anything around that price range that I prefer anyway.

Very nice indeed, would love to have a dedicated home cinema room someday.

It definitely makes a big difference I think and is well worth the effort if you can manage it. For me at least it makes watching films a bit more of an 'occasion'.

Nice set up there

A big pioneer fan myself

A Pj will complete me thinks.

I always support Pioneer where possible because of the support they gave to home cinema during the Laserdisc days.

Would love a projector but since this is a rented house and I'm limited to what changes to the decoration I can make / problems with mounting etc I genuinely think I'd struggle to do it justice if I'm honest.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom