My CDR-RW is not reading whats on the CD

tweedy

Standard Member
Hi Gents,
I have recently instaled a new Pioneer DVD-RW DVR118L in my pc. When i tried to burn an audio cd using Nero, it came up with a DMA Driver CRC error, while burning. I am also finding that when i insert a audio cd to play it just sits there doing nothing it dosnt even read whats on the cd. I have tried the obvious uninstalling & updating the driver, I have even made the writer the master, but to no avail.
Does any one have any idea what can be causing this very frustraing problem. Mant thanks in advance.

Maccon

Standard Member
Open device manager>double-click on the one containing the words "intel" and "parallel">Click on "driver" then "update driver"> Click "install from a list..." then next> Click "don't search..." then next>Click on "standard dual channel..." then next.

Good luck.

BTW, remember to do a System Restore and backup before trying avoid making anything wrong.

Last edited:

tweedy

Standard Member
Hi Maccon,
Thanks for the help its been driving me mad.

I have opened the device manager were do i go from there because i cant see "intel" and "parallel" what are my doing wrong.

Kind Regards........Tweedy

Mee2

Standard Member
In device manager do you see any devices with a yellow exclamation mark or red icon next to them? Those signify problems with the device.

To see my DVD RW in device manager I have to expand the DVD/CD Rom drives line then I see it and can right click, select properties and there is a Troubleshoot button which will launch a wizard to try to help you suss out what's wrong.

tweedy

Standard Member
Thanks for the help. No the are no yellow or red exclamation marks, in fact when you look in device manager its normal as if there is nothing wrong. Problem is that when i try to play an audio or any cd/dvd using window media player nothing happens my player is not seeing anything But if i take the cd out of the writer & put it in my other cd player everything works just fine windows media player sees the cd & plays as normal. The other day i uninstalled the cd/rw & installed it in my other player that i use for playing games & it worked just fine windows media player read what wes on a cd & it played just fine. So i know the player is ok its just when i use it in my main pc its not playing or seeing whats on a cd/dvd. My next step is to re-install windows.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom