My card has been bent (not broken).

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by helgej, Mar 22, 2006.

1. helgej

helgej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bent the card with all my pictures from holydays in Kenya Africa! It is not possible to see the map when I put the card in my cardreader. I have tried very carefully.
    I can see a string where it has been bent, but it is not totally broken, so I hope there is a way to get my dear photos!!

Have you an idear to help?

Yours,

Helgej

2. tgl

tgl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does your camera still read the card? If it does, then perhaps you can download your pics via USB cable direct to your PC?

If that doesn't work, then the pictures may still be retrievable, but this would mean having someone slice open the card and insert the memory into another card module. I've done this before, and it worked, but if you are not used to soldering electronic components, then this may be best left to a professional.

It sounds like the pictures are retrievable, as the card has not snapped, so hopefully someone will reply. If no one can help, then if you want to take the risk, then I can attempt a repair.

By the way, what kind of memory card/digital film are you using? Compact Flash, Microdrive, Smart Media etc.?

Regards,

tgl.