• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

my build

thedvdguru

Standard Member
well i decided to put my telly on the wall and having seen others setups on here and walking about i wondered to myself why do people put it so high up?? must be neck wrenching watching it like that. so i had a brain wave(or fart)!!! why not put it on the chimney breast at a nice relaxing height?

i decided to build out the chimney breast a little so i could chop out a little of the actual fireplace hole to accommodate my av equipment
also i kinda liked the idea of having the TV (Samsung c750) flat against the new stud wall so it actual looks like it is flush and fitted

SDC10049 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

Last edited:

thedvdguru

Standard Member

IMG_0953 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

IMG_0954 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

IMG_0955 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

IMG_0956 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

IMG_0957 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

IMG_0961 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

IMG_0960 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

IMG_0959 by david & lisa jones, on Flickr

all done now - just waiting for the sofa and carpet fitting which is being done this weekend. well please with the result and answer to the question; the chimney breast is 6" bigger than it was-

Last edited:

batman1

Does the sky box not get too hot sat on the Onlyo? My 606 kicks out a fair amount of heat.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom