My Budget Home Cinema Setup

robc2412

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been reading these forums for quite some time now and have now decided to join the ranks and show you my setup which is rather basic (have to keep the missus happy) and is no where near as impressive as a lot on here so:lease: be gentle with your comments :thumbsup:

My setup comprises of the following -

LG 50" PZ950 3D TV
Panasonic DMR-BW780 Blu-ray Recorder
Panasonic DMR-EX77 DVD Recorder
Playstation 3 Games Console
Optoma HD65 Projector
Optoma 3D-XL Adapter
100" Electric Screen
LG HT953TV 5.1 Surround Sound System
Harmony 1100 Universal Remote Control

950973ed.jpg

e75507cc.jpg

24700b5e.jpg

c0c140d6.jpg

dfaef5ea.jpg

6b452095.jpg

7472839f.jpg

Thanks for looking
Rob

Last edited:
wow that looks a fantastic set up... well done very impressive !!

what a great way to use the space! Love the blue mood lighting but then as a child of the 70s I'm a sucker for neon's under cars too ;)

Thanks for the reply's so far as i said in my earlier posts it's not as good as some of the setups on here but i am happy with it.
Had a friend round tonight and had a barbeque,drinks and then a movie (star wars Episode one the Phantom Menace on blu-ray) he was impressed that i only had to press one button on the remote and everything came on Projector,blu-ray player,sound system and the screen dropped down.

Perfect end to a good day

Regards
Rob:clap:

Looks great, well done.

rob it doesnt matter how other systems "appear" at the end of the day its down to how good it is to watch and makes you feel! Just think, each film you watch at home is saving £20 against seeing substandard at odeon or cineworld

Elguapo said:
rob it doesnt matter how other systems "appear" at the end of the day its down to how good it is to watch and makes you feel! Just think, each film you watch at home is saving £20 against seeing substandard at odeon or cineworld

Couldn't have said it better....a great job done well

Looks great.

Quick question, how have you found the projector screen in front of the door? I've been thinking of installing a projector into the living room but have always been put off due to the fact that the screen would have to come down in front of the door.

Hey ! Nice setup! What is your space/astronaut memorabilia? :)

Looks great.

Quick question, how have you found the projector screen in front of the door? I've been thinking of installing a projector into the living room but have always been put off due to the fact that the screen would have to come down in front of the door.

Hi
I don't find it to be a problem really as we usually get everything we need from the kitchen before we start the movie.
The other option is that I could leave the door open and still access the kitchen with the screen down.
Thanks
Rob

Hey ! Nice setup! What is your space/astronaut memorabilia? :)

Hi
My space memorabilia comprises of everything to do with NASA and space, I collect Space models, Flown in space items, Astronaut autographs everything really.
I have most of my collection on my website if you fancy having a look.

PictureTrail - Gallery
Thanks for your interest.
Rob

Hi

I have now finally got somewhere to store my media now as my Blu-rays were tooked away in the cupboard upstairs :laugh: nothing special just some cheap units bought from Argos and joined them together to make one unit.

DSCF3115_zps98273708.jpg

Just in the process of filling it up now.
Thanks for looking
Regards
Rob

Last edited:
Hi. I am looking at doing the same thing in my front room, , how far apart is projector and screen? And are they just simple LED strips behind tv unit. Can you use that remote withe PS3?? Nice set up. I will post mine when all finished.

Hi. I am looking at doing the same thing in my front room, , how far apart is projector and screen? And are they just simple LED strips behind tv unit. Can you use that remote withe PS3?? Nice set up. I will post mine when all finished.

Hi
The projector is about 13 1/2 ft away from the screen, the blue lighting is just USB Blue led lights on wire bought off EBay.
I have 2 lots of 20 blue LEDs going around the back of the tv and connected to the USB port so that they turn off with the tv when I put the screen on.
I also have 10 blue LEDs attached to the media unit and plugged into the ps3, I use the ps3 for the movie nights so the lights come on when this is switched on and are quite effective at night.

You need to buy a ps3 adaptor ( around £40 ) for the Harmony 1100 Universal Remote to work with the ps3 but it is well worth it as I now have complete control over everything, I love the idea of just pressing the watch a movie button and everything turns on and is ready to go which impressed my family & friends.
Hope you find this helpfull
Regards
Rob

Hi , Thats great I will get on the case today. I will start looking for affordable projector and screen aswell.

Cheers

Very nice setup :thumbsup:

Couple of quick questions. What is the smaller display standing in the corner used for?

The glass cabinets you have your Space collection in, where did you get those from?

Cheers.

i believe thats a cd player..

Very nice setup :thumbsup:

Couple of quick questions. What is the smaller display standing in the corner used for?

The glass cabinets you have your Space collection in, where did you get those from?

Cheers.

Hi

The display is the cd/amplifier of the surround sound system the Cabinets were purchased from Ikea, think they were about £40 but you had to buy the lights seperate and they were about £12.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Rob

I like this a lot!
And your missus was ok with all of this?! :rolleyes:

That tv really is a monster! It all looks great :smashin:

I like this a lot!
And your missus was ok with all of this?! :rolleyes:

That tv really is a monster! It all looks great :smashin:
Thankyou
My missus didn't like the idea when I first suggested putting up a projector said it wouldn't look right and would be out of place so we had quite a few arguments.
I suggested that she lets me install it but if it didn't look right then I would put everything back the way it was so she agreed, she thought the screen would be an eyesore so I matched it in with the border and she now thinks it all looks great and we have had many a good movie night since (happy days).
Cheers
Rob

A few more pics plus i now have Play TV on the PS3 so i can watch Freeview on the big screen.

DSCF3268_zps9bf2f482.jpg

DSCF3274_zpsab38b087.jpg

DSCF3273_zpsbc8b5481.jpg

DSCF3272_zpsf3323285.jpg

DSCF3270_zps08528d3e.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom