1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brain hurts! Advice on Pioneer 420 + XDE435 connections please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by texasboy, Jul 28, 2005.

1. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

I think I must be thinking too hard as I feel really stupid I can't figure this out.

I've just taken delivery of a Pioneer 435 display and a Pioneer 420 DVD Recorder.

Everything is fine and dandy, screen looks great. But I am baffled by the freeview section of the media or more correctly how to get the signal into the 420.

I have the new outside aerial going direct into the digital in feed on the 435 media box and all the freeview are there and they look great.

I have an aerial cable going from the digital antenna out on the media box going into the aerial input on the 420.

I also have a scart going between AV2 on the 420 to AV2 on the 435 Media box. The i/o switch on the back of the 435 box is set to 2.

I also have taken the aerial out of the 420 into the analogue aerial input on the 435 so I have analogue 1 to 5 as well (not that it will ever get used but...)

All I can get on the DVD recorder is analogue channels 1 to 5. Nothing on L2, just a black screen. I'm sure there must some forum members with exactly the same kit -

How have you got it connected? Help!!!

I gone through the decoder setting in the initial menu, turning scrambled channels on and I just can't get it.

Also, can you take the L&R audio out from the 435 media box to a amplifier (stereo only at the moment :rolleyes: ) to get the sound from the freeview channels, at the moment it is analogue channels only, which to be honest I'll never use. I want to get the Freeview through my amp in stereo.

I'll look forward to some replies, oh and go easy - I've had a rather frustrating day.

Thanks

Tex

2. Roger W

Roger W
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem. After lurking for a while and following several threads I now have a Pioneer 530 from the 'popular and cheap' supplier. Connected to my Philips 32 CRT telly which has inbuilt freeview, I cannot seem to get the signal back through the scart. Manhattan 'Freesat' and Philips Video loop through fine. I share Tex's frustration. I'm even dreaming about it!

Roger W.

3. burgeruk

burgeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i'm no expert in this field,but have you tried connecting an rf lead if it's possible :confused:

4. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Come on guys (and gals)

I can't believe there is no one out there with exactly the same kit as this???