My Book Mirror Edition Not Seeing 4 TB Only Seeing 2 TB

digzz

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've had this My Book Mirror Edition 2 TB for about 6 months. So I decided to Upgrade the 2 1TB Hard drives that where in them. So I went for the Western Digital WD20EARS 2TB Hard Drive SATAII 64MB Cache - OEM Caviar Green. But Every Time I Use Western Digitals WD Drive Manager. It only recognize 1678.03 GB . Then when I change it to Raid 1 it half's it 839.02GB But when i go back to the program it states that I can put it back to Raid 0 at The full 4 TB i Want ....but when I do that it just goes back to 1678.03. Can Any Body Help me with this problem ?

I've had this My Book Mirror Edition 2 TB for about 6 months. So I decided to Upgrade the 2 1TB Hard drives that where in them. So I went for the Western Digital WD20EARS 2TB Hard Drive SATAII 64MB Cache - OEM Caviar Green. But Every Time I Use Western Digitals WD Drive Manager. It only recognize 1678.03 GB . Then when I change it to Raid 1 it half's it 839.02GB But when i go back to the program it states that I can put it back to Raid 0 at The full 4 TB i Want ....but when I do that it just goes back to 1678.03. Can Any Body Help me with this problem ?

I have had a similar problem with windows7. It only recognised it as a 1TB. I had to create a 2TB partition with an XP setup drive then windows 7 was able to format to 2TB. The drive in question was a Samsung.
norfred

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom