1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my bloody xbox live!!!! plz help!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by danielz, Dec 8, 2004.

1. danielz

danielz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all i relly need some help with my xbox and connecting! right im using tiscali's broadband ive forgotton the speed but we are payin 24.99 a month and i have brought a CAT5e crossover (pc/pc connection) patch cable 25 ft and we plugged it in and it says the dns server cannot be resolved. so we then went and brought a desktop network pci card and tried gettin the ip out of that but still didnt get any were. then we tried fast CAT5e networking cable (not crossover) and barring in mind we sorted out the sharing in the adsl properties. and still nothing happend! and tiscali haven't helped. any ideas plz hit me on pm or reply bk cheers!

2. john.hem

john.hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
  3. stumpy_uk

stumpy_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    M8,

best thing you can do is buy a router and plug both the PC and Xbox into that via Ethernet Cable as this will remove any PC config issues.

However if you wish to progress the connection through the PC then you will need to setup the Internet Connection for that PC and tell it that others will connect via it (use the Networking Wizard).

However as there is no DHCP running to allocate IP Addresses and configs you will have to do this manually (another benefit of the router doing it for you)

Stumpy

4. danielz

danielz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any other ideas?? anyone

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    I'd go with Stumpy's idea to be honest and get a router. A wired router will only cost you around £30 - £40 and it's dead simple as you just connect your broadband to the router and then connect your PC & XBox to the router via ethernet cables. Then bingo your XBox live will work! :thumbsup: