My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by andypandy, Sep 20, 2002.

1. andypandy

andypandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've seen this film after reading so much about it and how in the USA it's now a no. 1. box office hit.

Firstly, it was good particularly to me as I am Greek, but I still would not have gone as far as the high aclaims it has been given. Yes, it does have many things you can relate too and some you just wonder what age they have come from- for example the spitting in the church, the huge family in the brides house on d-day and the windex thing and the fathers behaviour. I know many Greeks ! old fashinoned and modern and some things I just can't relate too.

There were things I thought should have been included - example at the church - should have been loads of best men & woman !, ALL the brides maid should have been under 15 , the best man should have hit the groom whilst going round the table (tradition!), and the bride should have stepped on the groom at the appropriate time in the church. The most hilarious moments being mid way/end of the film in a few patchy places.

Anyway, I could go on, but suffice to say it's not really a cinema movie film, but if it's the only way to see it well then you don't have a choice. It's DVD release date seems like June 2003 and there's talk that it will be turned into a series !!