My best value TVs, 2017 Edition

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
The predecessor to the 65NU8000 was selling for £999 as end of line clearance so even £1099 is damn good, and the NU has some better features too.

sloanes9620

Standard Member
The predecessor to the 65NU8000 was selling for £999 as end of line clearance so even £1099 is damn good, and the NU has some better features too.
Yeah richer sounds have a refurbished 55mu8000 for £699 which is more expensive than the deal for the 55nu8000 from Crampton and Moore. They also have a 55u7a refurbished for £529 which was tempting

poisondwarf

This is £989.10 at Crampton and Moore. You need to tick the £50 discount box on screen then enter Facebook at checkout to get 10% off. This comes with 5 year protection plan so JL and richer sounds should price match. Warning the Facebook code runs out today, is it worth taking the risk for Black Friday.

John Lewis have just turned down the price match for £989.10.
They specifically mentioned the FACEBOOK voucher as being unacceptable to them.
They will stand by their previous price match of £1099.00

sloanes9620

Standard Member
John Lewis have just turned down the price match for £989.10.
They specifically mentioned the FACEBOOK voucher as being unacceptable to them.
They will stand by their previous price match of £1099.00
yeah I have just been declined by John Lewis with same reason but I've just bought mine from Richer sounds who did price match it plus you get 6 year guarantee with richer sounds

Last edited:

Dodgexander

You have 28 days to get a price match with John Lewis so if it gets reduced come Black Friday they should refund the difference.

Conditions for price matching

I wouldn't be surprised if other retailers also did this. You can contact them beforehand to be sure. If you can though it may be worth waiting a few more days as the BF discounts seem to be more of a week than a day and 28 from now will be cutting it tight.

I don't see what's to lose by waiting anyway really. I don't think the prices will go up until after Black Friday.

Tigerwes

Novice Member
HDR. Is it worth the extra Money.

I currently have the Hisense 55U7A and the HDR is abysmal so its been turned off. This TV is to go into the dining room when i get another TV.

I play a lot of PS4 games, watch mostly netflix and SkyQ. How good would decent HDR be? Im 8ft away from the 55" tv so I know UHD isn't really something to bother about.

I'm waiting for Black Friday and looking at 1k max, but would prefer more like £800.

Hi Guys,
Would you recommend using Richer sounds,. Crampton and moore over JL or Currys I have never used them before and neither is near us. Just Im considering both due to one offering a extra year warranty and the other having some better offers.

Dodgexander

I currently have the Hisense 55U7A and the HDR is abysmal so its been turned off. This TV is to go into the dining room when i get another TV.
How have you turned HDR off? Its source dependant and not really something you can turn off in internal apps for example.
I play a lot of PS4 games, watch mostly netflix and SkyQ. How good would decent HDR be? Im 8ft away from the 55" tv so I know UHD isn't really something to bother about.
Because HDR is source dependant some sources don't use it. Netflix only has a handful of HDR shows, there are some PS4 pro titles with HDR and Sky Q doesn't use HDR at all.
I'm waiting for Black Friday and looking at 1k max, but would prefer more like £800.
Sony XF9005 widely regarded as the minimum.
Would you recommend using Richer sounds,. Crampton and moore over JL or Currys I have never used them before and neither is near us. Just Im considering both due to one offering a extra year warranty and the other having some better offers.
I wouldn't buy from Currys myself but all are good options really. Richer have the longest warranty if you sign up to VIP club and they all price match.

DJBlade

@Dodgexander My son is after a new TV, can you recommend one with a budget of £450.00, 50/55" 4K not a necessity. Thanks.

Dodgexander

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom