My best TVs for next gen gaming 2020-21

Dont get the nano there are alot of tvs out there better than that

NANOs have poor local dimming and IPS panel so poor black levels

Few LCD panels that have good HDR have HDMI 2.1 currently so you'd be far better off with an OLED if that's what really important.

If you don't need HDMI 2.1 then the Sony XH9505 is a far better choice than that LG Nanocell as far as being a good TV is concerned. Unless you need both HDMI 2.1 and very wide viewing angles for the screen I wouldn't even consider it.

Thanks for the replies, I went in-store and fell in love with the LG CX and will definitely be getting that. The TV stands out compared to the others.

I am thinking about the same thing. I was considering waiting till the new models launch in March but they will be heavily priced I imagine?

Nearly double the prices now. You'll have to wait until this time next year to pay the same or similar.

The question is, should you buy it (CX) now, or wait for possible price reduction, or JL matching most common (£1.288) price?

The question is, should you buy it (CX) now, or wait for possible price reduction, or JL matching most common (£1.288) price?
If your going to get one you should buy it now as they will be going permanently out of stock soon clearing way for the new models

I am thinking about the same thing. I was considering waiting till the new models launch in March but they will be heavily priced I imagine?
new models will be something in the range of £1800 when they first come out

If your going to get one you should buy it now as they will be going permanently out of stock soon clearing way for the new models
in the grand scheme of things JL price (£1,399+£140) is the same, like buying from other places without the burn-in warranty and paying for panel exchange later (£1,288+£250)

Hi Dodge. Is there any reason you have the Hisense AE7400 & A7500 over the Samsung TU7100 in the low tier? Is it because Samsung have IPS panels over various sizes?
Looking at 55inch so assume both would be VA panels.

Hi Dodge. Is there any reason you have the Hisense AE7400 & A7500 over the Samsung TU7100 in the low tier? Is it because Samsung have IPS panels over various sizes?
Looking at 55inch so assume both would be VA panels.
They tend to be cheaper or around the same price and offer better specs for the money, although there isn't really much in it so if you prefer the Samsung models instead, you can go for those.

Really the TU8000 is more close to spec to them with a wide colour gamut and extra HDMI port, but it is also more expensive. Wide colour gamut is really negligible on TVs in low tier since none can really do HDR well anyway.

Is now a good time to buy a TV or should I wait till spring? I'm considering the 55 inch sony xh95 or the 55 inch Samsung q80t. Both of their prices have stayed the same for a quite while now.

I took the plunge and ordered one to. Coming from a 3D LG 32' TV upstairs although we have an LG OLED LG TV 2015 in the living room it should arrive today. Looking forward to it arriving.

I've just been told I'm going to receive a refund for my Q80R (equivalent to Q85R in UK) as Samsung cannot resolve a persistent arc issue I'm having with it.

With the money I can buy either a CX (probably even the GX so is nicer on the wall) or the Q95T, either would be 65 inch.

I know the LG is most likely the nicer TV but I have an incredibly bright front room, I live on the equator and an entire wall to the left of the TV is made up of glass doors to a balcony. What I did like about the Q80R is that it looked great even during the brightest parts of the day without the curtains shut, both the brightness and the anti reflective screen are brilliant.

My guess is the Q95T would perform similarly and as nice as either of the LGs are they just wouldn't be able to match the Samsung in the daytime?

The Q95T/Q90T will basically perform the same as your last TV. They stepped down in quality overall, so those TVs are closer to last years Q80R than the Q90R.

The difference between Q95T/Q90T is with the one connect box, although the Q90T may not be available in certain markets.

If its important to use the TV during the day and you don't want to control lighting so much go for the Samsung, otherwise for watching in darker conditions, the OLED is better. In other respects each technology does their own set of things better or worse. Should be explained here:

The Q95T/Q90T will basically perform the same as your last TV. They stepped down in quality overall, so those TVs are closer to last years Q80R than the Q90R.

The difference between Q95T/Q90T is with the one connect box, although the Q90T may not be available in certain markets.

If its important to use the TV during the day and you don't want to control lighting so much go for the Samsung, otherwise for watching in darker conditions, the OLED is better. In other respects each technology does their own set of things better or worse. Should be explained here:
Cheers for the feedback, having viewed a friend's CX it is no surprise Samsung seriously outsell LG in the Singapore market, it didn't look anywhere close as good as my Q80R during the day (I'm sure night time is another matter).

Having been reassured that the Q95T is also up to the task that'll be the one that I purchase once the refund is processed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom