• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My best efforts

p203557

Established Member
Hi there,

Been a member here for a while but just discovered the Photography bit. Thought I'd open with a few of my best shots. I'm an absolute amateur but get enjoyment from it which is the main thing. Most of these were just experimentation with slow shutter speed (a novelty to me on my 1st proper camera a Canon 10d.)

Looking forward following this forum a bit more closely and learning some more.

Cheers,

Richard

Attachments

• Bird.jpg
    Bird.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 128
  • London.jpg
    London.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 128
  • M25.jpg
    M25.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 126
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Tulips.jpg
    Tulips.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 106

p203557

Established Member
Just had a bit more of a read of the forum and think my post would be better in the critique corner sticky. Perhaps a MOD could kindly oblige and move it there?

Thanks,

Richard

p203557

Established Member
All were taken on My Canon 10d. The first was of a bird that landed on my sunbed whilst on holiday in Thailand and then very kindly posed there for a few minutes.

The second is quite a famous view and is in Primrose Hill Park, London facing South East ish, taken at about 3am making use of a tripod. Its a 3 second exposure, personally I like the way the grass is lit in the foreground. The biggest building on the left is Euston Tower which is opposite Warren Street Tube with the BT tower and also the millenium wheel in clear view as well. Centrepoint building by Tottenham Court Road Tube is the building in the centre of the frame.

The third is of the M25 facing anticlockwise on a bridge close to junction 22. It was done without a tripod so very carefully balancing my camera on the rail (making full use of the neckstrap!!!) It would have been better with a tripod but it was raining and I was cold!!!

The fourth is of the pool in the above mentioned holiday to Thailand. This was taken on an automatic exposure telling the flash not to fire and making use of a sunbed as a tripod. I also found it better to set it for a timer delay as even depressing the shutter button caused movement in the picture.

The final one is of some flowers in my living room with the inbuilt flash and on 'portrait' mode.

These ended up being a bit longer than simple captions and from the absence of technical terms and language you will see that I am still very much a beginner!!!

Hope this is what was requested.

Richard

senu

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that.:smashin:
Nice Pics:thumbsup:

The ( technical) specifics were not that impt as you can get them off the metadata in (properties) I just wished to know what the lens was seeing.

It is worth knowing them mainly if you want to duplicate a pic under similar lighting conditions. Saying that, I find that experimenting with different settings is far more rewarding as long as one is building up a store of knowledge
The 10D is a respectable camera you will not tire of in a hurry.
Have a look here for tips . Any good for you?

bibamus

Established Member
Excellent shots, cant wait to see more
Allan

beachy

Established Member
p203557 said:
All were taken on My Canon 10d. The first was of a bird that landed on my sunbed whilst on holiday in Thailand and then very kindly posed there for a few minutes.

nice photos rich, i like the ones of thailand, brings back memories of when i was there (i always found the birds in thailand quite friendly too :D ) i have a few pics of thailand i would like to post here myself but a bit to big unfortunately, keep up the good work. :smashin:

Johndm

Established Member
beachy said:
p203557 said:

nice photos rich, i like the ones of thailand, brings back memories of when i was there (i always found the birds in thailand quite friendly too :D ) i have a few pics of thailand i would like to post here myself but a bit to big unfortunately, keep up the good work. :smashin:

Resize to 800 x XXX compress to less than 120kb and post.....:D

:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom