My Bedroom Setup.

-=PLuKE=-

Established Member
Reaction score
Updates on page 2. Will update with my latest ones tonight.

Hi, Here is my little setup, Not as good as some of the kit here but still am happy with it for now. Next think is a new PJ hopefully at the back end of the year. Am living at home (am 20yrs old), Its enought noise for the old ones downstairs :D.

Teac AH-300
Teac PD-H303
B&W 685's
QED Silver Anni (speaker cable)
XOS XHA215 (RCA)
Sky multiroom
Infocus LP240 :)()
Audiophile 2496 (soundcard, running music from PC)
22" Monitor

dsc01637jf5.th.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks
Luke

Last edited:
Christ -=PLuKE=- that is one hell of a bedroom set-up for a 20 yr old..... :thumbsup:

How long has it taken you to get together ??

I have to say, that's well smart for a bedroom setup, very neat, I wish I could get my son to tidy his room up.

How big is the room, if it's anything like a normal second bedroom it just goes to show what you can achieve even when space is limited.

Thanks, The room is 12x12, We have a second bedroom next door which i would like the bed to be in and have this room as my other room, But they said NO! bugger!. Hasnt taken long, Got the 685s last weekend, Had the PJ for about 2yrs, The PJ has done alright, I didnt wanna buy an expensive one as i didnt know what a PJ would be like for day to day use, But thats my next upgrade.

Luke

We have a second bedroom next door which i would like the bed to be in and have this room as my other room, But they said NO! bugger!.

Luke

ive done just that tho i sleep in the cinema room and use the bedroom like a store room,you can see my set up on here will add the bedroom at a later date.
i like your setup,i brought my girlfriend a teac system they sound very good for the size.

Its a good idea, But if people stay over am buggered as i would be on the floor geto style.

The Teac amp is pretty nice sounding, Its natural bassy amp compared to others that i listen to, It will be ok for another 1 or 2 i hope. TBH am having trouble with mounting my Sky box, Its on top of my wardrobe but when you walk in the room you can see it, So am not saw if to make a box for it so it looks better, Or mount it under the wardrobe but then my cables arent long enought and am not buying anymore as they cost me to much. Any other ideas?.

(Excuse the blur, I had to just point the camara up there as its to high)

Luke

the cost of anything i can think of will far exceed the cost of adding new sky cables.soz. one idea,maybe you can get a strip of wood the same finish as the wardrobe and cut a slit in it and have your sky box flush with that.ps nice to see someone on here around my own age.

Nice setup. Where did you get that desk?

PLuKE, your setup's as cool as ice mate :cool: I like the trick with the board (same colour as the wall) behind the computer desk to hide the cables, ingenious solution there matey !:smashin:

Lol, Thanks. I hate bloody cables and wires. I want to replace the board with something else TBH. It looks ok for now as there is loads of wires behind it for the amp, power, PJ, phone like cables etc.

The Sky box is still a sod, As i dont wanna by anymore cables, As they are in the wall and run in the loft. Its about 5cm to short to go under the wardore :(.

Luke

when i was 20 i cudn't afford a pot to pi...
really nice setup,where did you get the hi-fi stand from and how do u hide the cables ?(want 1 for my dvd,amp, v+ and lcd tv)

Some of the cables are in the walls and some are under the carpet (channled out floorboards to take the cables). The HI-FI stand was from B&Q of all places for £55 but got it for £50 as my old man has a discount card there and replaced with black glass as they come with clear glass and the top one frosted.

Luke

Nice room you've got there, especially at 20. :thumbsup:

My parents would have had a heart attack if my room was ever that tidy when I was 20.:D

What speaker stands are they mate? They would suit my setup nicely.

Top setup btw, I'm looking at teh 685s too...

:)

Thanks. The stands Alphason AA3 triple column. I filled mine with dry sand to give them a more stable stance and help sound. I have been talking about my 685s being bright, But now they are starting to mellow out more and the bass is becoming more deeper :D.

Luke

Am back, After browsing some peoples rooms, I want abit of lighting in the bedroom. I have 6 down lighters on a dimmer, But i want some lighting on the wall. Now i have tryed this in the pictures below, I was gonna try red LED GU10, But i had this blue LED GU10 downstairs.

So i need some idea's, I want some strip lights one above the wardrobe and one just below the glass on the AV rack (so you cant see the light, just the glow up the wall). What can i use and best place to buy?.

Here is were i want the lighting:

Here is what i tryed :

Please tell me what you think with colour wise. The reason for the blue, Is IMO it matchs the screen/case colour and the lights on the PC.

Like i said, Give me an honest answer. Or suggest other colours.

Sorry the pics are blury i cant get any good wide angles with the camara to show the all the lighting together and the room.

dsc02485xi7.jpg

dsc02488ef0.jpg

dsc02494ch1.jpg

23065515fm1.jpg

my.php

95913567ij5.jpg

I love it.

Youngsters with taste rarely go. :smashin:

Hi again......

Ok, So i have just done a few little things to the room, Black bedding, New chair and diffrent lighting under the draws, Cupboard and AV rack, The pics havent come out well when i have "dimmed" the downlighters down it looks a dirty looking pictures. But it cant catch the affect (stupid camara!). I have some graffiti/abstract type canvas coming soon aswell, Havent got them yet due to the Christmas post!.

OMG That chair uv bought, where did u get that beauty from and whats it called?

Very nice room mate, i like thelighting on the monitor and defo under the drawers, very warm n inviting :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom