my bedroom home cinema

furs307c

Established Member
Reaction score
I started of with an allin one yamaha system (av-s70) which was ok but i wanted something that sounded better with music, So then i gave that to my brother, i then purchsed the yamaha amp with a yamaha surround package after a while i found the yamaha speaker package dissapointing (esspecially the sub) so after a lot of listenings to many speakers i chose the m12.2s which i think sound great.

I then only had a stereo setup so i needed more speakers, i managed to buy the solid c100 centre in mint condition whith instructions for £10 bargain!!. Then i bought the pioneer sf50s for the rears which arent brilliant but they will do .

This is the current setup which i have.

DVD Player-Arcam DV-79
Receiver- Onkyo 805
Digital Tv- Panasonic DMREZ27 dvd recorder
Centre spkr- Epos M8
Main front spkrs- Epos M12.2 bi-amped
Rears- Pioneer S-f50s.
Subwoofer- When i can afford it BK Gemini

DSCF0790.JPG

DSCF0791.JPG

DSCF0793.JPG

DSCF0792.JPG

I currently have a Arcam DV79 on order so hopefully the whole lot will sound much better.

Have you ordered anything else to go with the DV79, because i'm not sure if you'll see its full potential as the setup currently stands. It's a positive start though!

lol. No i havent ordered anything else yet but the next purchase will probably be a lcd or plasma, i like the look of the samsung and panasonic models. Or does any one else have any reccomendataions

Wow just got the DV79 (in black). Picture quality is 100% better as is the sound. Build quality is great and connectivity is excellent.

Any pics of it in action?

I will post some pics later but i am wating for a component cable and an s-video cable to run to the projector. Anyone have reccomendations of how to build a screen for the projector i.e what material.

Its a long time since ive posted here lol. Have been busy moving house. The current setup is shown below (sorry about the bad photo). Im thinking of taking out the fitted wardrobes and the desk as they take up half the room lol. I will then hopefully mount the tv and maybee the centre speaker on the wall. Pictures of the tv in action using the dv79 can be seen here=

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445393

Attachments

• 02022007060.jpg
    02022007060.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 319
Hi, just thought id post a pic of my mini setup at uni whilst im waiting for half term to do my room at home, the speaker setup is a Cyruslink linkcentre which sounds amaizing for price/size. My laptop is a Rock direct, with core 2 duo, 2gb ram, 100gb 7200rpm hd, Nvidia 7600 256mb dedicated gpu, running media centre, mmmm fast.

Attachments

• 18032007163.jpg
    18032007163.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 231
Good looking home system and a very impressive Uni set-up. :smashin:

Sound set up.... but now sub please :devil:

i just saw the Bk Gemini sub, anyone know if its any good? i only have a small room and wouldnt want to anoy the neighbour too much!!!:devil: Im also interested in the cyrus Avmaster 8.0 when its out ;-)

Looks great :thumbsup:

Just a quick update, i have now taken out the extremely large fitted wardrobes which dominated the room. Omg what a difference it has made, the room looks 50% bigger, just debating on layout atm next purchase is a wall bracket and then a new Receiver:devil:

james

p.s sorry about the dodgy picture

Attachments

• DSCF0660.JPG
    DSCF0660.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 199
Just a pic to show the temporary setup i have at the moment until i get a wallmount for the TV.

Attachments

• 01052007335.jpg
    01052007335.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 217

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom