My basic attempt at home cinema

andybailey1972

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Welcome to my basic attempt at home cinema. This is a rented property so unable to chase any wires into the walls etc.

Kit list as follows:

Living room -
LG 42" Plasma
PS3
Sky HD
Samsung HTZ215 Home Theatre (SWMBO hates amps - too ugly.....)
Ikea Dioders (multicolour)

Dining Room -
BOSE Sound-dock

Bedroom 1 -
Sanyo 32" LCD with integrated Freeview

Bedroom 2 -
Phillips 23" LCD
Sky+
X-Box 360
PS3

New Sofa on order, should be here in next 4-6 weeks.

Interior design and 'girlie' bits done by the wife (SWMBO)

Any comments welcome.

Now for the pics:

DSCF2628.jpg

DSCF2629.jpg

DSCF2631.jpg

DSCF2633.jpg

DSCF2634.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2641.jpg

DSCF2642.jpg

DSCF2644.jpg

And more pics:

DSCF2649.jpg

DSCF2650.jpg

DSCF2651.jpg

As I said all comments welcome (whether good or bad!)

Oh yeah forgot to mention; I do have a Harmony one but currently awaiting replacement from Richer Sounds as screen is broken.

Andy

Last edited:
No comments! Is it that bad lol

Hi, don't stress, just in shock and awe and took me a while to reply.. just kidding. Looking good, like some of the wall art also. As I say, the spending never stops.

Alan / Gixer1970

Alan

Thanks, just been looking at your place and am in awe, discovered you are from the same place in Kent as me (however now living in Hampshire) to be quite honest I didn't realise that there was anyone with such good taste living there! :D

Hope the health is all good now

Andy

very kool mate.time and money i know wat you mean.is your ps3 your main blu ray player or do you use it for gamin?

Yep PS3 is the only Blue Ray player; I would use it more for gaming but don't really get the opportunity and when i do have a go at the games my 15 yr old son laughs at my serious inabilities!:(

Looks bloody great, excellent work on the wiring.

Good news; picked up replacement Harmony 1 from Richer Sounds in Southampton yesterday (great guys - very helpful) so all kit back up and working:thumbsup:

TV now been replaced with a Samsung 46" SmartTV and new sofa also in place. Will do pics this weekend.

Hi, nice setup, can you tell me where you got the living room cabinets? Do they come with ready made holes to feed through the wires?

Hi the units are from Ikea (besta range) and had to cut out holes in the back for all wires.

DSCF3151.JPG
DSCF3163.JPG
Well guys and gals it's all change on the home cinema front; I now have a Samsung 46" Smart TV, Onkyo TX-NR 626 and Tannoy TFX speakers. I'm still using the Harmony One and it is serving me well.

Anyway on to the pictures:

DSCF3153.JPG

DSCF3148.JPG
DSCF3158.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3160.JPG
    DSCF3160.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 196
Forgot to add; the gap above the AV Receiver will hopefully be filled with a Blu-ray player if Santa believes I've been a good boy lol.

Please comment - whether good or bad!

No love for my attempt lol :(

Looks really good and homely mate. I like the new tv, as I always say the bigger the better!

How are you finding the Samsung compared to the LG plasma? I'm guessing the new one is LED?

I see the candles are still there too, must keep them happy huh? Haha

EDIT: maybe there not candles, can't quite tell(viewing on my phone)

Cheers mate, the Samsung is a vast improvement on the LG both aesthetically and in terms of picture quality. The balls in front of the TV aren't candles but just random ones that the wife has put there - I do the tech she does the homely bits!
I am considering making a frame covered with speaker fabric to hide the amp as she is forever complaining that it is ugly!! How dare she!
I am struggling to get her to understand that putting the pictures in front of the front speakers is not the best idea but that will probably be a fight that is going to last a long time loll.
I do have LEDs behind the TV and will try to getter better pics when I get the chance. The LG plasma has now moved up to my sons room where it is connected to his Xbox and PS3 and the intention is to connect up the old LG surround system in there for him - hopefully this weekend.
Thanks for looking
Andy

May i ask where you got that dining table from? My wife swooned when she saw it as we are looking for a small table to fit in the corner.

The dining table was from Harveys mate and SWMBO tells me they still sell it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom