My AV9 has died

iandb

Established Member
Reaction score
Fellow Arcamites...

Earlier this year (July) I joined that select group that boasts the awesome AV9/P7 combo. Until yesterday I have been very happy. My AV9 has gone tits up. The only reason its still in the rack is because its nailed there. Its an ex AV9 etc etc etc...

Symtoms. Power on, no LED display, flashing amber light on the top right and if you're stupid enough to have powered up the P7 as well your speakers (in my case nice PMC's) are bombarded with ghastly ops and crackles that almost make you feel you're on the film set of Saving Private Ryan - no belay that, like being on Omaha beach for real...

It gets better...Today is Monday... I got my gear from Audio-t. Guess what ? The're closed on Mondays.

Add to all of this the dismal prospect of a house load of kids, who've been promised loads of Xmas movie goodies all over the coming weekend, and I begin to wish that I was doing what I normally do over Xmas - scuba diving in the Red Sea.

Will keep you all posted. I shall be interested in the customer service side of things, particulary in the light of the fact that I have a brand new DV 139 on order and paid for...

All the best...

Ian

Fellow Arcamites...

Earlier this year (July) I joined that select group that boasts the awesome AV9/P7 combo. Until yesterday I have been very happy. My AV9 has gone tits up. The only reason its still in the rack is because its nailed there. Its an ex AV9 etc etc etc...

Symtoms. Power on, no LED display, flashing amber light on the top right and if you're stupid enough to have powered up the P7 as well your speakers (in my case nice PMC's) are bombarded with ghastly ops and crackles that almost make you feel you're on the film set of Saving Private Ryan - no belay that, like being on Omaha beach for real...

It gets better...Today is Monday... I got my gear from Audio-t. Guess what ? The're closed on Mondays.

Add to all of this the dismal prospect of a house load of kids, who've been promised loads of Xmas movie goodies all over the coming weekend, and I begin to wish that I was doing what I normally do over Xmas - scuba diving in the Red Sea.

Will keep you all posted. I shall be interested in the customer service side of things, particulary in the light of the fact that I have a brand new DV 139 on order and paid for...

All the best...

Ian

As it's xmas period, when you go to Audio T let them know your situation politely and ask if they have an AV reciever they could be kind enough to lend you in the meantime.

Perhaps they might lend you something ex-dem or display whilst yours is repaired etc, after all it is the time of year apparently to do good for others etc, so you never know.

Hope this helps (and even more that you get a good result)

Dan.

Its deffo blown a cicuit and will have to go back to Arcam. Had the same thing with another manufacturers processor 3 years ago. They replaced the circuit board and its been fine ever since.

Situation Update...

Took the unit back to Audio-T this morning and walked out of the shop with their AV9 demo unit and their best wishes for coming festivities...

I am one very happy bunny again. Full marks for excellent service from Alan and Joe at Audio-T, Southampton...

All the best,

Ian

Glad to hear they've done this. This is one of the reasons you use a proper retailer. Now all the youngsters at xmas will be able to watch Disney and everyone's happy:smashin:

Dan.

Just to keep you all up to speed on this. My original unit went back to Arcam and was returned after about three weeks. I installed it and within ten minutes had the same problem !

So... back to Audio-t who were, I have to say, a little surprised to see me back after less than a hour ! Anyway, I again took away their demo unit and left mine with them.

Today I have finally picked up a brand new replacement AV9 unit from them. I've been spinning disks all afternoon with no probs so far ! So, fingers crossed, all's well that ends well.

Ian

Just to keep you all up to speed on this. My original unit went back to Arcam and was returned after about three weeks. I installed it and within ten minutes had the same problem !

So... back to Audio-t who were, I have to say, a little surprised to see me back after less than a hour ! Anyway, I again took away their demo unit and left mine with them.

Today I have finally picked up a brand new replacement AV9 unit from them. I've been spinning disks all afternoon with no probs so far ! So, fingers crossed, all's well that ends well.

Ian

Great to hear things seem to be how they should be now.

Sounds like your retailer is providing you the good service you should expect, so good on them for that. Keep us updated. What did you end up watching at xmas in terms of films etc?

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom