Quantcast

My Av Cabinet

P

palostick

Tried v. hard to get some Av furniture that would fit all my boxes in a corner and future proof for any new additions. In the end, a friend designed and built a Av cabinet made of MDF which surpassed my wildest dreams. It's enormous, it's stylish ( looks like a Richard Rogers futuristic car park) and it hides all wires.

Here's a few bad camcorder pics.

Attachments

Big Al

Standard Member
Looks great - matches the rest of the room a treat.

Big Al

P

palostick

Thanks Al.

The guy who built it worked out that there was no way
my boxes would fit in a corner unit with conventional shelves which is why he decided on the semi circular profile. Much more accomodating!

P

palostick

Hi there again -- I've been away for a couple of weeks.

Re: Amc's question -- there's a removable triangle on the top shelf of the tv. the top shelf also has a cable access square cut into in.

All the cables run down a cavity which runs down the back. what's handy about the design is that although you can have a mass of cables down there, they're hardly visible at all. the speaker wires etc come in behind the skirting then travel under a false floor in the unit and then up into the cavity at the back.

Jus -- if you're interested in my mate building one of these or something similar for you, pm me your details and I can pass them on to him/and or give you his number. he's based in winchester.

regards

palostick

Top Bottom