My attic cinema

Reaction score
Finally completed my attic cinema this week.Its taken me three weekends of boiling weather (it can be preety hot up here in sheffield you know).Thought I would see what you guys think.All the work done was by myself.The screen is a 106" panoview,room size is about 6 metres by 5 metres.
DSC00588_edited-2.jpg
DSC00589_edited-2.jpg
DSC00591_edited-3.jpg
DSC00594_edited-2.jpg
DSC00601_edited-2.jpg

Please let me know if you want any more pics or a lis of equipment guys

Thats a damn fine cinema you have there mate!!!!!:thumbsup:
Love the gigantuan Receiver!!! Awesome!:smashin:
Is that a HTPC next to the cool looking Sammy LCD? If so, did you build it urself or get it ready made?
Otherwise very very IMPRESSIVE!!:clap:

Done a really great job there mate.

Those seats look comfy!

very nice :thumbsup:

the beanbags are a bit strange tbh, as i have one the same!

they seem awkward and uncomfy, but if you get the position just right you dont want to move :D i recently watched the LOTR EE's using the beanbag and i was fine (bear in mind i was on it for around 11 hours:eek: )

The beanbags are 7 feet long the only trouble with them is that I keep falling asleep.(I work too hard).They are very comfy if you fold them they make sort of a chair shape.The pc is a HTPC built by myself.
Will get some more pics of equipment in the room if any one is interested

Rogers said:
Thats a damn fine cinema you have there mate!!!!!:thumbsup:
Love the gigantuan Receiver!!! Awesome!:smashin:
Is that a HTPC next to the cool looking Sammy LCD? If so, did you build it urself or get it ready made?
Otherwise very very IMPRESSIVE!!:clap:
Its served me very well over the last six years.I also have a yamaha DSP-AX1 and a denon AVR-3805.Both are very capable amps but IMO the big AVC-A1SE always has the edge.The sammy's the 40" version to give you an idea of the scale of the room

Some more pics
DSC00595.jpg
DVD and CD player
DSC00596.jpg
Laserdisc CLD-515
DSC00608.jpg
Rear speakers B&W 601 and 603
DSC00609.jpg
Paradigm servo 15
DSC00611.jpg
Equipment rack(£59.99 IKEA)
DSC00613.jpg
View with the screen pulled up

neil666 said:
Thats an awesome set up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very well done, looks great. Have you got many DVDs?
Thanks for the great comments everyone.I think I have around 450 DVD's been collecting since about 1998 when HMV had 1 shelf.Mostly got region 1

EddThompson said:
lovely :D and a laserdisc player :D

edd
Thanks Edd although it doesnt get that much use the discs were expensive and they do look nice.I see you have the denon as well.Its an awesome beast dont you think

Great Setup :thumbsup:

Looks like you've got several pairs of speakers in there. How about that Kit list ;)

What a lovely looking room you have. :thumbsup:

ajcasey said:
Thanks Edd although it doesnt get that much use the discs were expensive and they do look nice.I see you have the denon as well.Its an awesome beast dont you think

Ill be honest, mines only being used as a pre amp, a bit of a waste realy, but it does sound excellent, and a vast array of inputs including the DD rf for the laser discs.

Yhe remote is a bit dodgy however :rotfl:

edd

Nick 156 said:
Great Setup :thumbsup:

Looks like you've got several pairs of speakers in there. How about that Kit list ;)
OK here goes
Speakers:fronts KEF concerto 2,centre B&W CDM-CNT,rears B&W DM603S1,rear surround B&W DM601S1
DVD player: Pioneer DV-737
CD player: Marantz CD6000SE KI signature
AMP: Denon AVC-A1SE
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-515
Subwoofers:paradigm servo 15,B&W ASW-500
LCD TV: Samsung LE 40R5
Xbox 360
Gamecube
Projector: Panasonic PTAE-700
Plus loads of other scattered across my house(very understanding girlfriend)
Including a 57" Toshiba rear projection tv in my living room (will post pics if anybody req)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom