my archos 704 has arrived

I bought one from Ebay usa couple of days ago
Not received it yet but looking forward to getting it
Will post my thoughts once ive tested
Cheers

Hi Mate. Any issues worth considering when buying this from USA. Will anything not work over here?

Cheers

RE Shipping from USA
Cant see any problems at all , as its a device for travelling the PSU will be multi voltage.
My USA one should turn up end of this week , if theres any issues ill post in here but i think there all same units worldwide

Errm
Got it from fleabay decent guy whos kept me posted order wise all the way
mine should ship today or tomorrow i paid for 2 day UPS shipping too
His username is sflyn68
Im sure he could hook you up too if you wanted one

OK, got a reply. The external hardrive needs to be in FAT 32 format. Tried anothe pen drive, in FAT32, saw it a treat.
Thanks to the ArchosFans forum.

JSW - You are a star....thanks matey. The thread that cracked my media serving problem was here

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=2492&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

If anyone else is having issues with WiFi or file serving, that thread is very very helpful. I needed to tweak my Norton settings a bit to get me going.

I have also got the direct Archos (UK) support number which saves having to dial their outrageous 09 @ 25ppm number - 0207 949 0115

good luck chaps - i'm off to play media streaming for a while.....:clap:

I havent bothered with Wi fi but for watching on its a treat, I copied some old films from my Archos AV420 quality is watchable but not as impressive as they appeared on the AV420.

The difference between the AV420 and the 704, the AV420 does have the better picture BUT try watching football, subtitles on 420 or the 500 600 series and thats where the 704 pips it. It does have the looking through stockings appearance that some one mentioned and all depends on how close you are to the unit, but you soon get used to it and to be honest i hardly notice it now.

Overall im impressed it looks sexy and the picture although not as vibrant as the 420 is a treat, my machine will not be going back for a 600 series due to the reasons above IE watching footy, films with subtitles ect.

My only tip is dont waste time transferring old recordings from a AV420 over onto it quality wise its like watching a vhs

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom