1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Apologies if this question is OT...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jimbobgod, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Jimbobgod

Jimbobgod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question regarding DVD authoring, I could see a forum section dedicated to the topic, so I hope no one minds me posting it here?

Anyway the question is this. I'm putting together a promotional DVD for my brother's company, which is specifically designed to be played back on a PC rather than a domestic DVD player. What I'd like to do is to be able to execute a Powerpoint presentation from the DVD menu, so it can be viewed an intereacted with from the user's computer. Note though that I'm not looking to convert a Powerpoint presentation to MPEG 2 video for inclusion in the DVD, since I want to retain the interactive element of the presentation, and for it to be viewed at the monitor resolution not just TV resolution. Does anyone know how this can be achieved? I know Microsoft provide their free Powerpoint player, so it's really just the linking to that & the Powerpoint file from within the DVD menu that I'm not familair with. I'm sure it must be possible though, as I've seen both web-links and links to other executable PC programs used in commercial DVDs?

Any help here would be very gratefully received! :eek:)

James.