1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My advert in loot

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by PioRow, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    It seems that everywhere is going to sell out on pre orders of the 360 but I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a few 360's where I work in the city of London, so my plan is to buy one with a few games and then sell it on, but not at a profit, I will sell it for the same price I bought it for.

My add in loot will read as follows:

For Sale, XBOX360 premium pack + PGR3 + PDZ, £370. Must go to loving home, no ebay resellers welcome, no PS fan boys, no desperate rich dads, hardcore previous xbox owners only. Must be able to answer a few simple gaming questions.

And I will be asking xbox specific questions to potential buyers on the phone. Hopefully I'll get some poor kid who's been saving up for months and didnt manage to get a pre order, owns a xbox, loves halo and PGR and really wants a 360.

I'm such a nice guy!!!
    Now I just have to think up some questions that only a hardcore xbox owner would know.

2. Sting King

Sting King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Why dont you offer it someone on this forum? I'm sure they will be quite a few guys on here who will not be able to get one at launch, many people on here are willing to help others out with their problems, maybe it would be a good idea for you to do the same, if I had one spare I would advertise on here first.

Not having a go at you mate, just a thought :D

3. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Not a bad idea, perhaps I should buy a few!! Its a long shot but I can see the shops up here having a spare few units. City people tend to not pre order, just turn up and buy. I dont think I'll be able to carry more than 2 units home on the train, then I have to cycle home!! Might have to get a cab that night. I'd be more than happy to sell to someone on the forum as long as they lived local to me, I'm not posting anything and I'm not treking more than 10 miles!!

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Seems a reasonable advert to me. much better than this one on ebay: Why?

5. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    as much as thats great and i know you aren't making a profit. your maybe denying someone local one thus defeating the purpose(just a thought im not flaming)

6. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats just a 360 BOX, there will be few bidding think it i the console etc.

7. Scotty306

Scotty306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Scary stuff, this has happened before.

I can remember people bidding close to £100 for PS2 boxes.

8. rimmep1

rimmep1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
  9. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    The only person I will be denying is some city big wig who just happened to have £400 left over in his wallet from the previous night out where he bought £80 bottles of champagne for some tart he knew for 10 minutes. Dont feel sorry for city [swearing removed]!!
    I will be doing a service, robin hood, stealing from the rich, giving to the poor!!

10. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286

Um, if there's some 'deserving person' desperate for an XBox 360, what's stopping them from going to the same shop that you would be buying yours from and buying it there, themselves?

It's not like you're buying one and giving it away for free - you're just selling it on.

All you'll be doing is adding to any 'shortage' but I guess you'll get some sort of feeling of power from selling it on to someone.

Gav

11. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    How many gamers will be travelling down to HMV in Leaden Hall Market to buy a 360, who DOESNT work in the City ;)

New console hardware and games are always available in the city on the day of release, because its so central and we can get in early to work easier and wait for the shop doors to open. Plus is so commercial down here that hardly anyone lives within a few square miles. All that equals 360s on the day of release.

...not that Row is going to get a 360 on the day of release are you? ;)

12. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    As dan says no one will be travelling up to the city on the off chance of getting a 360. All the shoppers will city workers. The only people I will denying a 360 of are city folks with more money than sense.

I am redistributing the xbox360's to the people who most deserve them.

13. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    When I first worked in the city I was on less than 14grand a year and over a grand of that went on a season travel card. Hardly an overpaid [swearword removed] and I would of killed for the chance to go out and pick one up at lunch time.

Maybe there is someone there now, thinking that he/she would like to try n pick up an X360 on launch day .... but wait, someone buying it and taking it out of the city, ..... just because they can ;)

Again, not having a pop, just pointing out that there are other people in the city other than "Overpaid city [swearword removed]".

14. Moily

Moily

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You don't get out much, do you?

15. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Moily wins ;)

16. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    What makes you say that?!!!

I tell you what, I'll wander round the city looking for any underpaid clerks and ask them if they want a xbox360 at RRP?!!

17. Menthos

Menthos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No idea what city you're on about mate, but if it's London then I think you'll find there are plenty of "city" types who'll be after a unit. You're more likely to have a harder time getting one up here than you are elsewhere... factor in all those tourists hitting Oxford street! :)

18. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    In defense of the OP, tourists never go near the city ... and city people only go to the west end when they want a late beer (i still find it odd to this day why pubs shut in the city at 10pm! Don't even dream of one being open on a weekend). But then, its a good 5 years since I worked up there, maybe things have changed :confused: Most people won't be ar^ed carting a 360 home on the tube, I know I wouldn't of bothered ... Central Line is small enough as it is! :D

The tourists can hit Oxford Streat all they like ;) Its a far cry from the city...

19. Menthos

Menthos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    True, but how many stores are there in 'the city' that'll be stocking it? There's a new dixon's up by L.Street, that'd have it I guess... but not many

20. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Hmm. I know of the Link by liverpool st.. but off the top of my head: Inpulse Music in Live St, the Virgin Music across the road.. the HMV down Leadenhall Market.. the MVC by London Bridge and PC World down Fenchurch St. ;)

21. Menthos

Menthos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Impulse aren't even doing games now.

Never knew there was an hmv in Leadenhall ... LOL.

Guess the Game in Cheapside will have it too.

I'll go back to sleep now - nothing like putting forward a badly thought out argument :D

22. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286

Rubbish - if there's such a crushing demand for the item that people are willing to pay silly money to get them, then people will be going anywhere they think they can find one. There's nothing stopping anyone in London from heading into "the City" and getting one, it's hardly 'out of the way' for the seven million or so other inhabitants.

:rolleyes: Who are you to decide who 'deserves' anything? If you want to genuinely _help_ someone, then buy a box and give it to your local kids hospital. Or better, just give the money to charity and let them decide how best to help the needy.

Gav

23. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I work near St Pauls, and the nearest Dixons is in Moorgate with the nearest Game near Bank. There's no way I'll be trudging there and picking one up and carrying it all the way home on the tube! That's why all my pre-orders are online!

24. Moily

Moily

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Depends on if you want to definitely be playing it on the weekend of Dec 3rd/4th or not! ;)

I'll be happy to carry mine home on the DLR/Central Line from Canary Wharf. I may have to hire a minder though!

25. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    This all seems a bit irrelevant as I can't see there being any in the shops. There are more pre-orders than consoles coming to the UK so there are simply none left to be allocated for general sale.

Anyway in a vague attempt to keep these forums not clogged up with 360 shortage discussions there's now a sticky at the top of the forum to post in.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.