1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Acoustic AS-8099 DVD player is dead - need a new DVD player on a budget

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johntea, May 31, 2005.

1. johntea

Standard Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    My second Acoustic Solutions AS-8099 failure :thumbsdow - These £24.99 players from Argos I used to think were the best budget players ever but I've found all of them seem to just 'die' for no reason after a few months (No disc error) and also they suffered from out of sync audio on DVD-R playback.

Anyway, I'm looking for a DVD player around £25 - £40 if possible. It must be able to play lots of formats (i.e. -R, +R, MP3 DVD etc) and be multi region. I want it to look quite attractive but not too big (Acoustic dimensions : Size (H)4.8cm, (W)36cm, (D)25.5cm. - If I can get a width equal to or slightly below 36cm it would be ideal, not 100% neccessary though).

Now I have £29.99 in Argos credit at the moment (£24.99 player and £5 gift voucher), do they do any good players for the price bracket or should I ask for a cash refund and shop elsewhere?