Question My 6s has white spots

pburgess25

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping that someone could help me with what some might see as a relatively minor issue, but what I see as a major problem. I've had my Space Grey 6s for nearly 2 years now and I've always looked after it, as soon as I received the handset I bought a screen protector and a Spigen bumper case, thinking that years down the line it would look as good as brand new.

This was NOT the case!!!!

After removing the case i discovered that the space grey backing had white spots all over it, which are NOT scratches. The phone looks aweful. The dots even appear on the mirrored Apple logo. I've tried screen cleaner with a microfibre cloth and even toothpaste!!! but the spots just wont budge. Are these cases 100% aluminium or are they painted. I was wondering if I could try a very mild rubbing compound, but I really dont want to scratch it. I've even contemplated on buying a new back case, but I've seen the YouTube videos of how to replace it and you have to strip the whole phone down (no thanks).

Has anyone else had the same issue? Has anyone managed to successfully remove these spots? Any help is very much appreciated.

Is there any texture to the spots? It could be grit got into the case and physically marked the rear housing.
This happened to me on my 3GS and since then, I put a screen protector on the back even with the phone in a case.

Is there any texture to the spots? It could be grit got into the case and physically marked the rear housing.
This happened to me on my 3GS and since then, I put a screen protector on the back even with the phone in a case.

Thanks for the reply Kyle, that’s a really good idea. I wish I had done that when I bought this phone. The white spots have no texture to them at all, their as smooth as glass

A new bumper case will hide the spots.
Other than that although out of warranty you could always take it to an Apple store and get them to take a look at it...it's possible Apple are aware of the marks and may offer to replace the back.
They can only say no.

I don’t think there could be any other explanation apart from dirt getting between the case and phone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom